Lancaster, PA
Lancaster Bible College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lancaster Bible College

I am in the Elementary Education program, I've learned how to teach and discipline children. I am learning to become a teacher in a Christian atmosphere. Also, once I graduate, I can teach in public or private schools and teach overseas.

You have to play in sport or do school activities to be noticed. Plus, it is too expensive and the school does not have lots of scholarships.

I would love to answer this question with happy experiences shared with my high dollar, far away from home, friend and experience infested university but I am unable to. I have been attending a two year community college in my home town. I have been living with my parents and attending night classes so I can work during the day to save up enough money to move out. I have watched my friends and more importantly boyfriend of three years move away to their dream colleges with their parents footing the bill and having a great college experience. I am happy for them but can not help but want the same for myself. My junior and senior year of high school I looked and applied for scholarships but was unable to receive one. I have continued the search but it has so far been of no success. Maybe this will be my way to a new freedom at my dream college or maybe it will be another hit and miss, either way at least I tried.

Bethany

I have gained understanding of the Bible, friendships, and a new enviornment. First, since LBC is bibically grounded I have grown immensly in my faith while being in school here. I have studied the first five books of the Bible so far and am thoroughly enjoying it. Secondly, I have learned about friendships. I have made some of the best friends since being here. The girls I am around have my back through anything and care so deeply about me. When one is struggling we are able to ban together and pray. Also, I have been able to enjoy and explore a new enviornment. I am origionally from Maryland so it has been fun living in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. It has meant everything to me to attend here because I love it here. The new ideas I am learning mean so much to me.

The idle person who should attend LBC is someone who is seeking to grow in their relationship with God. Our school is built upon a biblical foundation shaping us to have a biblical worldview. The person whose heart desires to know God in a more spiritual way should attend LBC. LBC has a wonderful way of developing our understanding to grow in relationship with God.

I would say that when my friends call me I brag about the people here. The professors, the staff, and the students make LBC a welcoming friendly enviornment. I know that no matter what the people here are always there for me. They provide me with the information I need when I ask a question. The professors are personal and take time to get to know each and everyone of us. I thoroughly enjoy the events on campus and the time we are all able to spend together.

Katie

Go with confidence! You've got a good head on your shoulders and you will make the transition just fine. God is with you and has lead you to the best school for you. When you get to college, dont worry about being undecided. Don't feel pressured to choose a major right away, either. Take your time. Explore your options. You'll find the career God is calling you to. You might begin to worry if it doesnt happen soon enough, but that is the time to trust all the more. When you do find that nitch that fits you, pursue it with your whole heart! Don't let it become uninspiring to you. Strive to maintain the passion you had when you first dreamed it and never stop growing and learning. You're going to make a difference. You are going to make an impact on the world around you. God is with you. Go with confidence!

The best thing about my school is its genuine community. People on this campus really care about each other and look out for one another like a family. The professors are involved in the students lives and vice versa. We have a solid base, a binding cord in our faith in Jesus Christ, and it is through Him we have such close community. It is literally the most powerful influence and driving force of our school.

I wish I had known how difficult time management would be. I had always thought that I would have more time to get school work done because I wasn't sitting in a classroom for eight hours a day like high school. It turned out to be more challenging than I thought and it would have been nice to have some practice or a practical heads-up.

Yordania

My school is known for the great education that it gives to each student. It is also recognized for having one of the best professors anyone could ask for, they are loving, caring and willing to go that extra mile for anyone. This school has such a easy to breathe atmosphere and beautiful people to have everlasting friendships with. It is ran by one of the best presidents any school could ask for. He interacts with students and demostrates a great loving character to every person he encounters. This place will help anyone stretch in many new ways.

First thing I would tell myself is to not drop out of high school, and to soak in all the education that I could. I would tell myself to pick up better study habits and never stop persevering. I would remind myself of how greater a future will come out of pushing through my studies, and preparing myself for life. I would say Yordania, don't allow yourself to fall victim to yet another statistic of high school drop outs. I would say how hard it could be to afford just going to school, an to push to get good grades and scholarships. Keep on the path to possibilities!

I really can't think right now of worse things. Maybe just being able to afford housing has sometimes have been my struggle, but the financial counselors could try and help you the best to their abilities.

Ariana

I am a transfer student. My senior year I decided to attend SUNY Delhi. During my first semester I became consumed witht he party scene and it greatly affected my work ethic. Towards the end of my first semester I decided to transfer to Lancaster Bible College. There was no drinking or night life and it was a drastic change I decided I needed for my self. This was a great life choice but it came with its downfall. Much of my credits did not transfer. Although I am a sophmore, the amount of credits I am place me in the category of "freshman". If I could go back in time and speak to myself during the time I made my college decision, I would urge myself to go to Lancaster Bible College. I want to graduate and start my career as soon as possible and my transfer has now hindered that. I will be taking summer courses to catch up. College is not free. An entire semester wasted at SUNY Delhi was not free. It was a $10,000 mistake that I wish I had the oppertunity to warn myself about in my senior year.

I wish I would have known that you are required to get a bible degree as well as your area of study

It is small. The students are very closed minded and form cliquues fast.

Jesse

I would say: "Jesse, sorry that you've always been very different from your classmates, but you're going to have to remain different. Your intellect, your personality, your interests--all were made purposely, and they will serve a purpose. Don't get down, though, when times come when you are excluded by a group you wish to be so a part of--you will even be excluded by other Christians. Not because you've committed some egregious sin, but because most in the Church today have trouble with diversity in intellect, and they do not give as much thought to certain things as you. I know you're tired of public school, and that you wish to find people like you. You will here and there, but the purpose for which you are destined calls you above average joe-shmoe clicks and cirlces. Be confident in who you are. You have no idea of what you are capable of."

About Lancaster Bible College: the worst thing was narrow-mindedness. They were so on concerning Biblical matters, but they were not open to differences in opinion and experience. I felt very closed in.

Don't brag about your school. There are so many different kinds of universities, trade schools, community colleges, etc, and you're only going to one (unless you transfer). I've attended three colleges now: a community college, a Christian college, and a State school--and they all have their quirks. Instead of focusing on differences between certain kinds of schools, embrace them. You come to learn that whatever judgment you make really isn't worth anything because you're in no position to make one.

Don't settle for what is closest to home or cheapest. I did that my first year and ended up hating it. I would tell myself to take advantage of campus visit days, stay overnight, get to know people on campus before choosing a college. I would say it is NOT easy, it is very different, but to do my best!

Jacob

A place where you are surrounded by people that love God and will challenge you daily in your walk with Him.

Classmates are loving and caring but being such a small school they can be nosy as well.

Study a lot harder than you did and save your money. College is hard and expensive so be prepared for some hard times.

Danielle

Nobody is made fun of or sticks out because they are different. Groups of friends consist of all "types" of people. Money doesn't matter here.

Someone who is serious about their education, wants a safe and fun environment and is willinging to be part of a community,

Lancaster Bible College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.