Greenwood, SC
Lander University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lander University

Ellen

If I could go back and tell myself what I know now about the transition to college life, I would tell myself that I need to take more AP classes in order to knock out as many GenEds as possible to make room for my core classes. I would also tell myself not to room with some one I already know because that always ends in disaster. Rooming with some one you don't know allows you to establish a bond based on living with that person, whereas living with some one you already know only lets you see a side of them you weren't aware of. Most of all I would tell myself that college isn't what they make it out to be and the transition into dorm and campus life isn't all that bad. It's actually kind of fun and exciting, so don't stress out so much about it! Relax and enjoy what every one refers to as "the best days of your life."

At Lander University, it is hard to recieve financial aid once you are accepted. I currently hold a 4.0 GPA and was only awarded $400 in scholarships from my university. I was told that the focus for scholarships is on incoming freshmen and transfer students, not on returning students. It seems as though there is no reward for the hard work I put into my education.

It is difficult to get straight answeres out of administrators. It seems as though no one quite knows where to send you or who to talk to when you have a question. Going to any office to ask for advice usually ends in what I call "office ping-pong," where you are sent from office to office and administrator to administrator because no one has a clue where to send you to have your questions answered. It's very frustrating and takes up a lot of time.

Everyone is extremely friendly.

Everyone is extremely friendly.

As now a mom of three children, I am now experinced to say an education is one of the most important things to providing for yourself and your family. Study hard in school, and it will pay off.

It's a small town school.

donita

My school is excellent with motivating students to acheive there best acedemically.

My school is best known for their business department .

If I were a high school senior, I would tell myself to work hard and always give my best. I would tell myself about the different distractions that I would come across in college, and how I shoulld always stay focused and never let anything cloud my better judgement. I would tell myself, the key to being succesful in college is to study and to spend your free time wisely (mostly on your school work). Many people can get side-tracked their first semester with all the fun, and non-school related activities, so you have to stay focused. You will meet many new people and will be introduced to many new things, but always make sure you are around the right peoplpe and things. For fun, it is great to get involved in different school organizations instead of participating in off-campus activities that can get you in to trouble. Do well in high school, so that you can baecome part of a great university, and once you get there, continue to do well so you can becoome part of a great company, industry, organization, or etc. when you graduate form college. Just study hard and do your best.

Lea

Lander is best known for Business degrees and also Science degrees. Anyone that graduates from Lander with either of those degrees will have a easy time finding a job or being accepted to graduate school.

Work hard! The harder you study now the more scholarships you will receive in college and every little bit helps! Also don't be afraid to join new groups freshman year in college, it's a great way to meet people!

Lander is a great university in a quaint town. The professors are very interested in the students well being and are really there to help students.

Saisha

Make sure you weight out all of your options before choosing where you would like to go. Also it's good to do your research to find out what kind of learing enviroment would best fit you.

Some now willing to go out and get what they need.

Olivia

Before making any decisions about where to attend, always visit the school and find as much information about that school as possible.

I knew alot before I came here. Before anyone make a decision on which school they should attend, they should find out everything there is to know about that school.

The time that we spent in school because it seems like everything is rushed. When we spent more time in school everything was more relaxed and steady paced.

Shante

I would have to say that once again our school size is what makes us unique from other schools.

The advice I would give to anyone trying to find the right college and making the most out of the experiment would be simple. I would advise them to research their college and make sure it s the school they want to attend. I would then tell them to stay focused, no matter what the situation is because once grades drop, its hard to pull them up. I would also tell them to join some clubs, volunteer, make the best they can out of school....you know study hard, do something to relieve stress such as hang out with friends, and study some more. I would tell them that education is one of the top important things in life and without it you've accomplished basically nothing. The reason my advise would be so short and simple is because that's the kind of advise that most people remember and its helpful. An advise thats 15 minutes will be used wisely rather than one thats an hour long because of its length. An hour long advise will not stick to a person as well as a 15 minute one, hense the reason for my short advise.

The best thing about my school is its size. Because my school is a small school, there is not a lot of students in the class which gives the teacher and student access to know one another personally and the students learn better.

Kelley

Lander University is a small, friendly, but sometimes dead campus where academically, you can succeed if you want to; it provides the opportunity for success but not a guarantee for it.

Visit on campus, talk to current students, sit in on classes.

I wish I had known that if you live off-campus, you don't meet any new people.

Jared

My classmates are chill to hang out with and friendly most of the time.

My classmates are chill to hang out with and friendly most of the time.

When you first get to college be as social as you can. You don't have to join alot of clubs or fraternites or what have you. Just be open to the people around you and you'll make tons of firends. Go to class! Even though you partied until 3 that morning you need to roll your hung over butt out of bed and go to class. Parents: make your child stay in a dorm their first semester because it is part of the college expierence.

Everyone goes home on weekends and breaks, so since I rent a house here it's dead.

Lander University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.