Lewis University

« See more reviews of Lewis University

What is most unique about Lewis is the great diversity there. From numerous student clubs, activities, and athletics, students can always find a social niche to get involved in and meet other new college students. There is a great sense of ever-present cultural diversity, and international students to new English speakers can always find a welcome home and academic acceptance from Lewis University. Furthermore, from another cultural diversity standpoint, Lewis is a Sanctified Zone -- this simply means that, in accordance with its Catholic roots and tolerant atmosphere, our school acknowledges and welcomes people of diverse races, cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs equally. Lewis University is truly a place where there are no cliques or social stigmas; nearly everyone gets along well with everyone, and the students support each other in their different fields to succeed.

Lewis University's flight management program is extremely well developed. As a flight student, the best thing about Lewis University is the proffesional's from aviation industry working at the school. For our metereology course, we have a real weather man, who is still broadcasted on the Chicago new's, teaching the course. Many of the aviation professors have been in the aviation industry in the past or are still currently employed outside the school, working for aviation companies. Their experience allows the theoretical knowledge from textbooks to be better applied in classrooms to further enhance our understanding.

If you want a very career-focused learning environment Lewis is a great school. All of my professors in aviation worked in the field for many years and a lot of the learning comes from first-hand stories. Lewis owns an old United Airlines 737 and a fleet of Cessna aircraft. It is not a huge party school which is good because there is no pressure to drink and there are fewer distractions to take away from classwork. Lewis is a great school if you like Church/youth group activities. The food is great and the dorms are really nice.

The best thing about Lewis University was the feeling of belonging that I had never experienced before at other schools - the fellowship of students and faculty. The professors got to know the students and vice versa. The president of the universtiy remembered students' names, and was always happy to talk with any of them that he met. The professors were happy to write recommendations and keep in touch with students after graduation. It was easy for students to network with each other and get involved in group activities.

The best thing about Lewis University is the atmosphere. Although Lewis Unverisity isn't such a large university where the whole city is considered a college city, its main campus is encompassed by so much passion and unity. Each person excels in their own way and demonstrates their beliefs, dreams and goals throughout their time at Lewis. No one holds another back at Lewis. Counselors, professors, other students or anyone else will only help you out to achieve your goals. Lewis makes me feel like I can achieve anything.

There are several things good about Lewis University. My favorite is the friendly people on campus who are there to help, complete strangers who share the same goal as you do. This same goal is to get the best education avialiable. I like the friendly people because it helps to gel the college expieriece. As a freshman I didnt know many people, I was far away from home, and I didnt know the area. But the friendlyness of the people made it easy to solve these problems that most freshman struggle with.

I love that Lewis is a small school because I like that my teachers know who I am and want to help me succeed. I like that Lewis isn't located in a big city, but that everything or anywhere you would need to go is close to campus. Chicago is only a short trip away (30-45 mins if no traffic) and since Lewis is a commuter school, only about 1000 students actually live on campus. I like that because the resident students tend to know a lot of people and make really good friends.

What I love and consider the best thing about Lewis University are the fellow students I interact with inside and outside of the classroom. Students, whether they commute or live on campus, are so friendly and are easy to strike up a conversation with. We all look out for one another, whether its by opening doors or by helping with homework. The upper classmen deffinitly have helped me personally by giving wonderful advice about college and on how to balance everything.

Lewis University is a small school with a beautiful campus! What I like most about it is the friendly atmosphere. I've been able to meet tons of new friends and build relationships that will last the rest of my life! Lewis also has a wonderful teaching staff, I feel that the professors I've had truely know me and that they are willing to help my on my journey to graduate! Lewis University has provided me with a quality academic and social atmosphere for learning!

Lewis University helped me to transition myself from high school to college. They accomplished this through welcome days when only freshman were on campus and were able to interact with people in thier class. On these days they also had volunteer projects that the school was not focused only on academics or athletics but also on the community. Those days will help me better acquaint myself with others and will help me be a well-rounded individual.