Lone Star College System Top Questions

Sapphire

Some can be challenging but you can get through them if you do the homework

Caffery

Overall, the courses themselves are not bad. Some are pretty challenging and others are really easy, but, on average, the level of difficulty is just right; not too hard, but tough enough to make you actually learn the material.

Chandler

good

good

Joy

The academic at lone star is excellent

Debra

Academic pursuits at Lone Star College Cy-Fair are personal and pleasant for the most part. The 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} online courses can be daunting, but that really depends on what professor you get. Student involvement is encouraged for most classes. Instructors are there willing to help you and it shows. I am taking a Networking Specialization in Cisco and I have had a wonderful experience with those involved in the program both encouraging me and making sure I had everything I needed to succeed. Classes are relatively small compared to some institutions. This helps give each student the personal attention they need.

Wesley

The teachers on campus remind me of the old TV show Cheers that used to sing "Where everybody knows your name... and they're always glad you came"... An old reference, but the teachers care about their students, the classes may be of different sizes depending on what they are teaching, but every professor I have run across not only remembers my name (in a good way) but they also ask if I know how other students from that same class turned out... They genuinely care. Class participation is common and students find themselves bumping into eachother at the cafeteria and gathering up table after table until we find ourselves grouping together in an intellectual class discussion or study review. There are times when you may be running out of steam and your fellow classmates will lift you up and help you prepare and study to make the grade. The education in 2 year colleges is on the rise. Just having a 4 year degree does not say much to potential employers anymore. They want to see what other things you have done, what other skills you have aquired. Going through Associate degree programs shows better preparedness and allows for opportunities to be seen in the community as you do the many different service projects offered from the clubs you can get involved with on campus One of my favorite classes was Phsyc, our professor knew her info and was excellent at sharing and inbedding the information into our minds. My least favorite class was an INterpersonal Communications class where we did as much writing as I did in my English class. However, by the end of the course it some how made me a more rounded individual and I am friends with that professor to this day and see what she was shooting to accomplish with our class.