Los Angeles Southwest College Top Questions

Motique

First, I would say to myself is Motique after high school you would want to finish your education because not finishing now will be much hard to do if I waited later down the line, but not impossible. Without furthering my education and only having a high school dipolma will not be enough to continue on in the real world. Second, a college education prepares you for the work force and by taking these different courses such as english, and math classes will be a really big help in long run. Third, I will be able to meet amazing people that are from different diverse backgrounds, and enroll in these courses with teachers that is devote in teaching as much knowledge to students like myself, so I can become comfontable within myself, reach my full potential in life and become a great individual. Motivation and determination is the key to success.

Kennith

If I could turn back the hands of time. If I could turn back time I would of definetly pursue a college career, instead of gang banging and getting in trouble. I am currently 36 years old and I am a father of three, one of which is my 16 year old son whom I have custody of. In my son I see myself when I was 16. At the age of 16 I had no direction in which way I wanted to go in life. Though I played football, my coach or school counselors pushed for or even mentioned college. Not until the age of 31 did I learn what an SAT was. Not blaming anyone for me not getting on the right path, I choose to push my 16 year old son and other children to go to college . I figure a good way to convince a higher education is to practice what I preach. My son has taken the SAT and is currently waiting to be chosen for a full football scholarship. Going to college at my age allows me to lead by example, and change my destiny.

Eclasia

"GIRL..GET IT TOGETHER"!!!! You need to buckle down and start paying attention. Stop trying to make your "friends" happy and focus on YOU. Your friends arent going to fail with you, and if they do...then they are NOT FRIENDS.College isnt as hard as people may make it seem, but it isn't easy either. You can do WAY better than what your doing now. I know you lost both of your parents, but they would love to see you do better. Dont pity yourself and even if you are having a hard time, remember that you have people who love and support you .They want to see you strive for the best !Life is hard...but making it easier depends on you.Now get back to work now.

Shaquinai

High school was fun and all, but now it is time to get serious about your life and what you want to do to improve it. It's starts from this day on. Do you want to be stuck making minimum wage and living at home because that is all you have? In high school it was alright just get by and be lazy. Well, in college you have to work and put in time for what you want, unless you just want to waste four years of your life taking a class here and there with no goal in mind; you could be doing that forever. Take it slow and come up with a study plan that is outside your assignments. If you have that down, you pretty much have college half-way figured out. Understand and remember why you are going to college in the first place: to become a better you. Alot of people can graduate high school, but the challenge is what lays after that. Remember it's not forever it's just for now. It's those baby steps that will get you to your goals today and will determine your life in the future.

LaShonda

The advice i would give myself is to stay completely focused . I would have applied for many grants and i would have believed in myself more than i did before. I would have pushed myself and made sure i passed my math portion of the CAHSEE the second time around and i would have not been discouraged and thought that colleges werent going to accept me because i didnt pass the cahsee. Luckily i passed the math portion of the CAHSEE and had the opportunity to walk thee stage and recieve my diploma. With what i know now , i would go back in time and tell myself that anything is possible , the education is yours !

Ana

I suppose the first words out of my mouth would be, "Jeez, Ana, get your grades up. You need to get out of this place. You need to go to a university. Somewhere grand, where they will take your education seriously. The people out there , in that school I ended up in for slacking off here, do not care about their education. They are just floating by. You are not a floater. You have goals that you want to meet. You have plans that you wish to follow. " I would then follow it by letting my younger self know that even if I am at a community college, that I still have options. "But listen, there isn't anything wrong with going to a community college first. You still have options. You can study there while you figure out where you want to go. Just keep your grades up and make sure to turn in all of your work. Once you have an idea of where it is you want to study, you can talk to your counselor and figure out a way to transfer to that school. But always turn in your work and keep your grades up."

Taliah

I would tell myself to take my senior year more seriously and to concentrate more on scholarships and grants earlier on instead of procrastinating. I would have pushed my self way harder and instead of giving 75{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}, i would have made sure I gave 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}. I would also tell myself that although the college life isnt easy, it's achievable and as long as I keep a level head and focused, I'll be able to accomplish all of my goals. Lastly, I'd tell myself that no matter how hard things get, I have to continue to persevere.

Aisha

I will remind my self that it is the road to success

Chidinma

Plan ahead! I didn't do that that's why I had to start at a community college. Also know the kind of field I would like to work in the future, and stick to it!!!

ERIKA

I WOULD MOST DEFINITELY PUSH MYSELF TO STAY FOCUSED DURING MY FIRST YEAR. I WOULD ENCOURAGE MYSELF TO TAKE THE COURSES SERIOUSLY. ONE OF THE MAIN THINGS I WOULD EMPHASIZE ON WOULD BE TO ACTUALLY TAKE THE TIME TO STUDY AND TRY MY BEST TO PASS ALL EXAMS. I WOULD ALSO MAKE SURE TO LOOK INTO ALL DEADLINES AND KEEP UP WITH THEM. MAINLY MY BEST PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD BE TO JUST FOCUS AND ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE MY COURSES WITH FLYING COLORS.