Loyola University New Orleans

« See more reviews of Loyola University New Orleans

It costs a whole lot. But, the people who work in the finance department are very understanding when it comes to paying tuition. For instance, we didn't have the money when it was due for the Fall 2008. My parents wrote a check out, but the school is waiting to cash it until things get better for my parents financially. That was so very generous of them, and I am so thankful for this. While it does cost a lot, it was voted one of the best schools for the money. I strongly agree with that statement.

The worst thing about Loyola is Sodexo. Sodexo is the company that employs the falculty in our cafeteria. In an attempt to better their working conditions, the Sodexo workers at Loyola tried to form a union. However, Sodexo has used intimidation to try and stop the formation of the union. Through strikes, petitions, and awareness campaigns, the student body at Loyola hopes to inform people about the unfair working conditions and bring the workers justice.

One of the most frustrating things about Loyola is the lack to Greek Life support. I am a Delta Gamma Fraternity member and there is little to no university support for our events, fundraisers, or socials. From a campus that is so diverse, I would like to see more equality and care for all the organizations.

The worst thing at Loyola is the availability for financial aid come the sophomore year. Being shocked with a huge tuition bill is very stress-inducing and Loyola needs to do a better job of preparing financial aid packages as well as scholarship opportunities for those who need it the most.

I dont think there is anything at my school that i can call the "worst". Everything whether one views it as negative or positive makes Loyola, Loyola. Take away anything it would take away from the essence of why I love the school so much for it to have been my first choice.

The dorms could be better for the cost they give you. It would cost me an extra $11,000 to live on campus at Loyola even with the financial aid and few scholarships I have. The tuition cost increases every year. The pricing for meal plans is so high.

Since I am a music student I use the practice rooms in the music building very often and at times they are very crowded which makes it impossible for me to practice. In my opinion the school should install more practice rooms with better pianos.

Being in New Orleans, there are huge temptations that hamper education that may not be properly addressed by Loyola staff. Too many students take up time and distract from education due to high amounts of alcohol and drug abuse.

The tuition for the school is the only real complaint I have about the school; though they are truly generous with merit scholarships, the price of a good education is still enough to make some students to have to transfer out.

I feel the Administration is one of the weaker aspects of my school. They do not seem to have much respect for student or professor opinions. Sometimes I wonder if they really do support Academic Freedom.