Marist College

« See more reviews of Marist College

If you're artsy, or very liberal this school isn't for you. If you're uncomfortable about your economic status, this school ALSO isn't for you. If you're of ethnic background and low economic status, find a completely different campus (or head across town to vassar). If you're easy going and laid back (california style) you wouldn't enjoy the people at this school. If you are environmentally friendly OR you look for challenging courses and peers, again, don't apply to Marist.

The kind of student that should attend Marist should be someone who is either involved in, or enjoys athletics. Our school is eighty percent athletes, who either participates in competitive or intramural sports. If you are not an athletic person, you will most likely be attending some sort of sporting event to cheer on your friends.

A person who is intensely academically focused and not interested in social or extracurricular involvement on campus may not do well at Marist because of the emphasis on clubs and campus life and because extracurricular involvement is a factor in being able to get good on campus housing.

A student who is motivated, strong willed and excited about college. The Marist community goes above and beyond to make every student excited to learn and love the school. You have to be willing to be open minded to other students and embrace every experience given to you.

I would always make sure to check the strengths and weaknesses of each program. Business and biology were big programs at Marist, but there was not bachelor's degree offered in physics.

Anyone who wants to major in engineering someone who wants a really big school someone who wants the best quality cafeteria food Someone who doesn't like cold winters

Someone who is looking for a primarily Greek-Life oriented social life. There is Greek-Life on campus, but it is not a large part of the social scene.

Basically someone who thinks paying a fair sum of money automatically equals a good education because here you need to earn your degree.

People who are overly sensitive, close-minded, apathetic, boring, and/or lazy should steer clear of Marist!

The person that shouldn't attend this school is an introverted individual with minimal social skills.