Marist College

« See more reviews of Marist College

I don't think I would have advised myself any differently. I have worked really hard to get my associates and bachelors. I suppose I would have researched scholarships due to my financial need. It has been a struggle to live on my own while paying for school and now financial aid is unavailable to me.

LET YOUR CHILD CHOOSE. Of course as a parent your opinion is valuable, but inevitably, this is a huge decision in a teenagers life and one he or she should be allowed to make for themselves. If I had been allowed to go to my first choice, I truly believe I would be a different person today.

I would definitely say to visit the area around the school. Just because you like the school itself doesn't mean you will end up liking the area or have anything to do. Also, go a reasonable distance away from home. Don't go really far away when you know you have a tendency to be homesick.

Visit, visit, visit. There are many schools out there with great academic programs you may be interested in, pretty brochures, and prestigious recognition but it isn't until you visit the campus that you gain a sense of that "x factor" that tells you whether it's a good fit or not.

Start looking junior year of high school. If you wait too long, you will get overwhelmed with all the work and research you have to do. Also kids, don't sucuumb to senioritis too quickly. While others stop working, keep your grades up and watch your class rank jump!

Be sure to look at both academics and social activities available; both are equally important. Remember that whe you are not studying, you will be trying to have some fun! Decide what's important to you and weigh that more heavily when deciding on a school

Visit the schools, ask alot of questions and try to imagine yourself at the college. If a friend goes to the school, spend a weekend! The more visits made on an unofficial visit, the better. That is when you will truly see what the capus is like.

Find a college that your child or yourself can spend four years with the best learning environment and social situations. At Marist you will find lifelong friends and you will be able to get an education that is one of the best in the U.S.

When someone is preparing to go to college, it is important that they be choosy in their selection. It is one of the most important life changing events of their lives. Compare the price, distance and the availiability of the college.

I would tell myself to pick Siena (like I originally did) and stay there. I absolutely loved that school and I'd even be willing to choose a different major just so I could go back and choose to stay there. I love that school so much.