Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Marquette University became the perfect home for its location, its majors, and its values. Being only two hours away from home it created an atmosphere far away from home where I could be independent, but also able to go home when needed at the same time. Marquette offered the opportunity for me to double major all in four years, allowing me to become a well rounded individual. Lastly, Marquette encourages more than just good grades, but also community service and faith in religion.

The network here is noticeably greater. The alumni still are very proud of going to Marquette and I thought that was really different from the other schools I looked at. The campus is spectacular, expecially in the fall when all the leaves are changing color on the trees. It has very old and historical buildings, but also new and updated buildings as well, so it is the best of both worlds. Being right in downtown Milwaukee is an amazing experience for anyone who enjoys the city.

I think Marquette is unique in our dedication to biomedical research. With an emphasis on neurological related diseases, the Marquette biomedical research department has many dedicated researchers that continually run experiments in the hope of developing new drugs and medical procedures for neurological diseases. Many of the researchers also allow students to participate and help conduct experiments, which exposed students to the process of how medical treatments are developed.

I actually was thinking about going out of state first to Syracuse in New York. But then I realized why would I want to go out of state when I have such an incredible school right here in my own city. I felt that I fit right in when I took a tour of the university. I like it that it's not an isolated university. You get the whole university experience, along with the big city experience. And just the fact that it's here in my home city makes it a lot better.

I just transferred from Saint Norbert College, although I also enjoyed SNC, I absolutely love Marquette. Milwaukee provides a great atmosphere both for internship opportunities and socially. Not only is Marquette ideally located, it also provides a smaller school atmosphere where you can maintain a close relationship with your professors. As a transfer student from another private school, I?d greatly recommend Marquette as your school choice.

The reason why I chose the college I am at was because it is a strong community. They believe in education and faith. We are strong. The selling point for Marquette was the specialty programs that they offer for those that qualify. I was accepting as a Pre-Law Scholar. I am basically accepted into their law school as long as I keep up my grades and get a good score on my LSAT. It is an unbeatable deal that I wouldn't of gotten anywhere else.

The community that I get to be part of amazes me every day. It's a small school, so there is a bond between every member of the the university family. As cliche as it sounds, at Marquette I feel like more than an enrollment number. I feel like an important member of the student body and I know that I am wanted there. I am so proud of the standards that Marquette upholds itself to and cannot imagine myself anywhere else!

Marquette University is a 'small' school in a 'big' city. I love that about it. It's a Division 1 school but not so big the professors don't know me. Marquette is also one of the best colleges in Wisconsin for Athletic Training and Physical Therapy. They REALLY put a big effort into making students feel welcome and not islolated...from day one. It's been a wonderful experience for me!

Marquette is a small university, but not too small - you're always meeting new people. Marquette is all about service and the community and being the diference in our society. Marquette faculty care about the student's future and are willing to meet with the student to talk about their career. All the students are open to one another's opinions and ideas. It really is a great school!

Marquette is a strong, vibrant comminity. The University's mission statement has 4 words that sum up the people there. Excellence, faith, leadership, and service. Many schools I looked at just said that they were "like" that but at Marquette, people truely live that statement out. With those four stong pillars, one student is accepted into the Marquette Community.