Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Its a perfectly sized university that has a very dedicated and successful alumni base. For the most part, the University does a great job with making sure the best facilities are available to their students. Plus, the University has a name that is widely recognized in the professional world, and also has pioneered some of the major's that it offers.

Some thing unique about Marquette is that it is just the right size. The campus is in the heart of the city and is not overwhelmingly big, or too small where everyone knows everyone. Due to this location it is very easy for a lot of students to be involved in many in and out of campus activities, jobs, and community service events.

It is smaller but has the resources a large college would have. Professors have office hours that allow most students to see them and will make appointments for those who ask. Professors are very willing to help students out and want their students to do well. It is a strong academic school and has a good reputation.

I visited about 3 other small schools that felt like small schools. When I visited Marquette, however, it didn't feel like a small school even though it was. Also speaking for myself I'm very big on sports and Marquette's school spirit towards its sports felt like it was bigger than the other schools I visited.

The area surrounding the school is bad, the students are snotty, and the dorms have too many rules (no opposite sex sleepovers, need to check every person in). However, the class sizes are good, many professors are very credible, and if you find the right group of people for you it can be a very good experience.

Marquette University is different than most colleges because Marquette empowers it's students to really go out into the world and make a difference. To go to Marquette a student must want to help not only their community but the world. Marquette University is the stepping stones for starting our future.

Marquette University is very much a part of the Milwaukee community. We are right in the heart of downtown with great accessability to the whole city. We also have an enormous focus on community outreach which keeps us in touch with the outside world while still maintaining the college atmosphere.

Marquette is unique because it has the moral beliefs of a Catholic university, but it is not too strict. Students are able to be comfortable in themselves and make friends for life. There are also many clubs and extra-curricucular activities as well.

My school is private Catholic, Jesuit university dedicated to serving God by serving our students and contributing to the advancement of knowledge. So theology is a manditory course at the school which I find is very unique.

It has a very strong athletic and academic programs. It has a very nice campus with a very large library. It is very prestigious and difficult to get into. It's in a big city with a lot of activities to do.