Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Any person that isn't willing to put forth effort inside as well as outside the calssroom. The Marquette slogan is "be the difference" and the students here strive for that everyday. Marquette offers a wide array of groups that give a person the oppurtunity to give back and have fun well doing it. A person that isn't looking to learn a lot well having a great time doing it should probably not go to Marquette.

Those persons who should not attend Marquette University are those who do not see the value of interacting with people of different backgrounds than themselves. Part of what makes Marquette the accepting institution that it has become is the attitudes of those students who attend the university. A willingness to be open to, and learn from, other cultures is and essential aspect of a Marquette student.

The type of person who should not attend Marquette University are people who are not willing to put in the time and effort it takes to do well here. If you don't like the city, you may not feel comfortable here since Marquette is right in the middle of downtown Milwaukee. Also, having a Catholic background is always helpful since it is a Jesuit institution, but it most definitely is not required.

I truly feel like Marquette has something to offer everyone. Anyone is capable of being a part of the Marquette community as long as they are willing to make an effort. I guess I would say someone who isn't very outgoing and who doesn't enjoy being in an urban environment shouldn't attend marquette. But, in the end, it's all what you make of your own experience.

Attending Marquette University and being a part of the engineering program has been the most intellectually challenging thing I have ever done. Instead of discouraging anyone from attending Marquette, my advice would be to make sure you are prepared for the rigors of college. It is my personal belief that anyone can accomplish anything they set their mind to.

Marquette University is an amazing school. It is a university with much diversity and is a beautiful campus. Everyone on campus is welcoming and the professors are very helpful. I feel Marquette is for anyone but for those who come from a small high school like me, I would recommend starting small and working your way to the large university.

In my opinion, I think a person who is not ready for a challenge should not attend Marquette. Marquette is a school that challenges you both inside and outside of the classroom. So if a person is not ready to push themselves to achieve things that they may or may not have thought possible, then Marquette is not the right place for him or her.

One thing I love about this school is that there are so many different kinds of people there. I honestly think Marquette could be a good fit for anyone. Marquette is academically challenging, so I would have to say you need to be ready to work hard and care about your academics. Other than that, Marquette has a place for everyone!

Anyone who is an individual or who is more "unique" than their peers. Do not attend this school if you dress differently than the average person at your high school, and especially not if you are liberal. Also, don't attend this school if you are planning on starting with no friends because you will never make any on your own.

I don't think that there is a kind of person who shouldn't attend this school. From what I have seen in the semester that I have been on campus there is always something for everyone to do and there are all types of majors and courses offered that can be picked based on how much work you want to do or what you want to study.