Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Like many schools, there is a good amount of students here who are immature and have yet to realize how important a good education is. As an engineering major, my classes require a lot of hard work and concentration, and the less focused students on campus can get very frustrating when they are disruptive.

There are a lot of frustrating things at Marquette University, but the most frustrating thing there is its lofty cost. Most private and some state schools across the country have higher or the same cost. The tuition is forty thousand dollars and the cost of living in the dorms is around ten thousand.

There is a clear lack of diversity on my college campus. I am African American and we only make up about 4% of my college's campus with smaller percentages for other minorities. However, I do not feel unwelcome or discriminated against. It is just something I noticed that should be addressed.

We are required to live on campus or with our parents for the first two years. Most schools only require the first year or none at all. It really isn't that bad, because Marquette wants us to feel comfortable and have a chance to get the full experience.

I would have to say the winters here are what frustrates me the most. It is rather difficult to stay warm while walking in between classes in the middle of winter, but the academic buildings are fairly close together, so it is not as bad as it could be.

The most frustrating aspect about Marquette is dealing with the surrounding neighborhoods. In all fairness to Marquette though, they do a very good job with security (almost to the point where it creates its own frustrations, but it truly is needed).

The lack of diversity at Marquette makes is astonishing. I think that is the most striking failure of our administrators, and changing that would fill in the only thing Marquette is really missing to make it an undisputably great school.

That tuituon is so high. Marquette University is a fantastic school, but we pay so much more than other universities, and the book store is highway robbery. You pay $200 for books and you only get $80 when you sell them back, its awful.

The most frustrating thing about Marquette is it's location in the city. It has a very nice campus area and good space and architecture, but there aren't many stores close by. The closest supermarket is over a mile away by bus.

The most frustrating thing about Marquette University is how many intelligent people attend it. It is difficult to keep up with the mental capabilities of the students there and is frustrating for average students.