Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

I love the interaction between students and professors. As a biomedical sciences major, I have had the opportunity to meet future professors and students within my major that I would otherwise not meet until my third and fourth year. This year alone I have gone on a breakout retreat, volunteered for the special olympics, and attended multiple biomedical sciences association meetings with professors and students all within my major. These opportunities have allowed me to build relationships with future professors who will not only be teaching me future classes but will also be writing medical school recommendation letters for me.

Marquette University is a great place to learn. We are surrounded by diversity (students, faculty, community), and that diversity is not only respected, but promoted as a chance for growth. The university has a large variety of programs and classes, and we are encouraged to take classes in different areas. The faculty is accomplished but also accessible to students. Although it is not a large university, Marquette offers all the advantages of a major state university, without the inherent problems of large schools. Upon graduation, students are ready to become leaders in their fields, both academically as well as morally.

The best thing about Marquette is its dedication to giving students a quality education. All classes are taught by actual professors, with the TAs leading discussion sections and lab sections. Almost every professor makes themselves easily available outside of class for students who need extra assistance, and there are numerous programs around campus where students can go for tutoring help. As someone who takes their education seriously, I appreciate my school doing the same, and it's simply more satisfying for me to have to work hard for a good grade than to be handed an A without learning anything.

I believe that the central goal and motto of my school, Be The Difference, is the best thing about Marquette. This statement unites the students, teachers, administrators and all others involved to always do what they can personally do to elicit change in the world. All of my professors strive to connect with the students on a personal level which creates an atmosphere where they can help us to reach our goals. Clubs, sports teams, and groups of all kinds have this motto as their base and this united front is what I truly value most about my school.

I think the best thing about Marquette is it's location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. One of the aspects of going to school in the city is that you have lots of exposure to the homeless population and that is something that changes your whole outlook on life. Having interactions with them helps you grow as a person and develop values you might otherwise not. It's also very beneficial to go to school and have internships and jobs in the same city where you want to work when you graduate because you already have those relationships built.

The best thing about Marquette University is the opportunity to become involved with service and volunteering. Just last Sunday, I, along with many other volunteers, helped Catholic Relief Services package over 25,000 meals to be sent to Africa in the next few months. There is no other school with this type of integrity and passion for helping not just those in our surrounding community, but also those all over the world. One day I hope to help millions of people at a large scale; Marquette is the perfect place to jump start my dream.

The best thing about Marquette University is the community in which the students are invited into. There is such a feeling of family and home when I stepped on campus. I could ask any person on the campus a question and I would get an answer. Everyone is so open with each other and there are friends out there for everyone. The professors in the Marquette community just want the students to succeed. They are there for me anytime and want the students to be successful. They want their students to leave with a real life education.

The best thing at Marquette University is definitely the school spirit. Mostly everyone shows their pride for being a Golden Eagle by wearing apparel, attending sport games, and by participating in social groups and activities. Marquette is widely known for basketball, and everyone takes pride in their favorite team. Showing support ranges from camping out for games in 20 degree weather or by participating in game cheers just to get the stadium pumped. Marquette's school spirit is number one, and it shows everyday.

The best thing about Marquette is hands down the people. Everyone here even after having only met you truly does care. I have yet to run into one person anywhere on campus that isn't happy hearted and ready to help. The faculty and staff are just as helpful and impressive, they don't hesitate to put themselves in a position to help you do well here. The support system is simply built into peoples DNA around here. It is a great enviornment for anyone let alone someone who is off to college for the first time.

The best thing about Marquette is the sense of community. It is a large enough campus where you are always meeting new people but small enough to be able to know a couple people you pass on your way to class. Marquette really tries to get you involved and there are so many opportunities. There are a lot of service opportunities available which provides you a chance to meet people with the same values as you and really connect. I've learned to really love the size of Marquette for many different reasons.