Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Kia

It's closer to my home and the nation's capital, Washington DC. And there are alot of opportunties for work and internships.

The advice that I would give myself is not to take a year off from school, apply for the school that I want to go to, not the one that my parents want me to go to, and apply for as many scholarships as possible.

I consider the best thing about my school is how small the school is and the ratio of students to professors because the professor's know who you are by name and face, not by a number like at longer schools.

Marymount is more like a small community where everyone knows everyone else and the faculty honestly care about each student.

Marymount is best known for being a small privet university, and has a reputation for having one of the best interior design programs in the state.

There is so much that I would want to tell myself, as a high school senior, about college if I was given the chance. One of the most important things would be that time management is incredably important. Not just in getting work done, but in making class scheduels that are managable. Taking 17 or 18 credit hours is not only time consuming in the classroom but, outside the classroom with projects that can qualify as full time jobs. Another thing I would want to tell myself is that it is important to continue having a social life. I have found that focusing only on projects and other assignments for school, has increased my stress levels so much that by half way through the semester I am burnt out and end up meeting only the minimal expectations for my classes.

Daniela

My school is a small school, where everyone knows everyone. Everyone gets along. there is a lot of school spirit and many different diverse from all over the world.

My classmates are very helpful and are willing to help one another.

do your best, because every moment in High School counts, pick the best college for you and not for any one else.

Zuzanna

Variety of artistic, open, friendly, original, stylish people with different backgrounds.

Some advice that i would give to prospective college students would be to have good time management skills, be organized and be positive in choosing the right major. Picking a major that you will really enjoy is one of the hardest decisions for students. When your in high school you dont think its as important, and majority of people decide a major that they tend to change in the future. This will slow down your college process which will lead to a later graduating date. Also, if you dont end up really loving your major, it will be more difficult to acheive good grades when studying it for 4 years. Managing your time is very important when studying. Make sure if you are a procrastinator, that you change that characteristic as soon as possible. Lastly, staying organized will help in general being successful during all of your years in college.

A person who wants to attend a small university, with a major in either fashion, interior design, nursing or politics. This school has very small classrooms, and alot of one on one time with professors. The staff is very accomodating and really want to help you to succeed in the future. The school is also 70% commuters.

Daniela

Our school is mostly known for fashion and nursing.

Our school is mostly known for fashion and nursing.

The advice i would have gave myself was that to save as much as you can because credits are no good and going through college with loans and debt is very stressful. When you have loans and debts limits your self. make sure you stay away from credt cards and save as much as you can. Take advantage of study aboard because it is a great experience that everyone should go for and as well as internship, start on hands on experience!

That our school is commutter based mostly, so during the weekends it is very empty and bored with no one around. so it can get vey lonely sometimes.

Luz

The advice I will give myself is stay in school and study very hard because if you do, everything will work out fine. You will be a successful person in life and you will not regret anything. Staying in school is very important because you are able to learn many new things and able to get a job with the field you are majoring in. I come from a poor family, my father struggles a lot in order to pay for my school, college is expensive. My father helps me pay for school, he wants me to succeed in life and he sacrifices a lot for me to go to college. The advice is to do anything you can to attend college, you will have a successful life.

I wish I was ready to decide what I would major in.

Anyone is able to attend this University, it is a small school, if your not looking for a small school, I think they should look at a different school instead because it is a very small school.

Athenna

My classmates are focused, funny, cool, and ready to help when they can.

My classmates are focused, funny, cool, and ready to help when they can.

To try and get my work done before the assingment is due, or at least on time. That college life is even more fun once you get out into the world and experience new things. That saving money is important, but don't let that get in the way of having fun. Also, that it gets harder and harder to come back home every summer after being in Virgina.

I wish I had known more about the less-than-great quality of campus housing. I also wish someone would have told me about the poor dining food and how stressed life can become, especially during midterms and finals.

Elena

Our school has some unique programs such as fashion design and forensic science. Other schools did not have forensics so that is why I am here. It is a small school, most classes are under 20 people. We are a Catholic school with strict values. Campus ministry places a lot of emphasis on students to give back to the community,

College should be one of the best times of your life. You should pick a college that is best for you, and you shouldn't judge it on what your parents or your friends want. You also shouldn't judge it on parties and social life, because the education is what counts. You should also remember that no school is perfect. I've had so many friends transfer out after one year or even one semester and end up not being happy. The best way to be happy is to make friends and become a part of your school.

Someone who wants a big college with fraternities/sororities and a lot of different activities shouldn't attend this school. This school is a small, Catholic school. The classes are small. There are only 2 options for places to eat. There are no parties on campus, nor fraternities or sororities. We are division 3 for sports. There isn't much school spirit.

The only advice I would want to give myself, were I to go back in time and advise my high school senior self, would be not to nail myself down with a major right away. There are a great number of advantages to entering college undeclared. If I had known that I would switch from declared to undeclared before again delcaring a major, and was aware of how helpful entering undeclared could be I would have taken that path. Knowing what I wanted to do was helpful at times, but realizing it wasn't going to work out and that I had taken so many major specific classes became quite a stressor. If I knew this was going to happen I would have entered undeclared, gotten my core classes out of the way, and felt my way towards the best fit for me. Had I done this I would have saved myself from alot of worry and uncertainty, and would have provided myself with a sure footing. Since you can't go back in time and change things it helps to be able to see that everything will work out, but knowing would have been quite a luxury.

My school is very close to Washington DC. This provides a multitude of cultural, entertainment, and career opportunities. being in such close proximity to DC allows you to immerse yourself in the history of the nation's capitol and allows you to experience all the fantastic opportunities to mingle with people of various backgrounds. There is a wealth of ethnic restaurants, places to shop, see a movie or go to a museum. The most advantageous aspect is proximity to an immense number of firms and agencies you can set up internships with and gain experience or contacts from.

the student health center here is rather unhelpful with most issues, but rather pushy. They try to get you to come in all the time if you come in once with an illness and every time they ask you to come in they minimize your symptoms and tell you there is nothing they can do. They are rude and condescending and even though they tell you the same thing all the time and never do anything they want you to come in and dont understand why you wouldnt want to.

Brianne

Marymount is has a very beautiful campus and excells in many areas of academics.

My classmates are extremely diverse and come from many different countries and backgrounds.

I would tell students to try their hardest and to get involved with extra curricular activites at school because it really makes your college experience worth while. I would tell parents to push their children to do their best because the work you do in college willl help you for the rest of your life.

Marymount University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.