Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Kiran

I would definitely advise myself to be much more serious about my grades and GPA. When I was a senior in high school, I honestly did not care about my grades or the college I would get into. Then once I applied and got rejected, I started realizing how important all this was. But unfortunately, it was too late! Then decided on going to a 2-year community college, which was a very rewarding experience! Even then I was not too worried about grades and GPA, because I was under the illusion that once you graduate with an associates degree then you would be granted admission to any college of your desire. But I learned it the hard way, that's not always possible. Thankfully I was granted admission to Marymount University. This was a hugh turning point for me. I started paying attention and cared much more about my grades. From a 2.4 GPA, I pulled myself up to a 3.8! I have made a mistake once, maybe twice. But not a third time! I want to do something with my life and be successful, not be a failure. Education is important and should be taken seriously.

The best thing about Marymount University is that the professors are very caring and helpful. The professors are there to help the students be successful, not just there for the money. I love the fact that the school is a small community and that the classrooms are a good size (30 students per class). The professors and staff members are so very helpful and friendly.

The worst thing about Marymount University is that the parking space on campus is very limited. There is not much parking on campus or anywhere close by. Also the fact that the school is so expensive! It makes one wonder where the tuition money from students is going, because clearly the building is old. Lastly, the school does not provide enough financial aid help for students, even though the tuition is $12,000 per semester. The classes provided during the semester are only available during one time, on one given day. So there is not much to play around with.

Settled in beautiful Arlington, Virginia, Marymount University is home to a diverse student body that is eager to learn in and outside of the classroom.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give the advice of following your passion. My senior year of high school I took a fashion course and fell in love with the industry. It was my dream to attend a university that offered fashion merchandising as a major; however, I never thought it was an actual possibility. I didn't pursue my dream and ended up attending the state university about five minutes away from my home. After a year and half at the state university I decided it was time to follow my dream of working in the fashion industry. I found Marymount, and the next thing I knew I moved clear across the country and have not regretted it for a minute! If I would have known back then what I do now, I could have saved a year and a half of schooling. Even more importantly, I learned that it really is worth following your dreams, because then and only then will you be truly happy. Although I did not quite know this when I was a senior in high school, I'm glad I do now!

Some students are fun and lose, while others are not.

Some students are fun and lose, while others are not.

Study, study, study. Stop skimming over the chapters and read them. Try to stay focus and you will do great.

Lisa

I will not start classes until next week, however the everyone at the school has been so pleasant and helpful.

They are cheerful, spunky, and have lots of energy.

WOW!! Assuming that I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, the advice that I would give myself would be to go to school directly out of high school. Leverage all money and just do it because the learning process does not become any easier the older you get. Be the best friend possible to all and not to ?burn? any bridges. At the same time invest in yahoo and google. Life experiences can truly be educational too. Lastly, know that the educational process does not stop after a receiving any degree.

Kia

It's closer to my home and the nation's capital, Washington DC. And there are alot of opportunties for work and internships.

The advice that I would give myself is not to take a year off from school, apply for the school that I want to go to, not the one that my parents want me to go to, and apply for as many scholarships as possible.

I consider the best thing about my school is how small the school is and the ratio of students to professors because the professor's know who you are by name and face, not by a number like at longer schools.

Marymount is more like a small community where everyone knows everyone else and the faculty honestly care about each student.

Marymount is best known for being a small privet university, and has a reputation for having one of the best interior design programs in the state.

There is so much that I would want to tell myself, as a high school senior, about college if I was given the chance. One of the most important things would be that time management is incredably important. Not just in getting work done, but in making class scheduels that are managable. Taking 17 or 18 credit hours is not only time consuming in the classroom but, outside the classroom with projects that can qualify as full time jobs. Another thing I would want to tell myself is that it is important to continue having a social life. I have found that focusing only on projects and other assignments for school, has increased my stress levels so much that by half way through the semester I am burnt out and end up meeting only the minimal expectations for my classes.

Daniela

My school is a small school, where everyone knows everyone. Everyone gets along. there is a lot of school spirit and many different diverse from all over the world.

My classmates are very helpful and are willing to help one another.

do your best, because every moment in High School counts, pick the best college for you and not for any one else.

Zuzanna

Variety of artistic, open, friendly, original, stylish people with different backgrounds.

Some advice that i would give to prospective college students would be to have good time management skills, be organized and be positive in choosing the right major. Picking a major that you will really enjoy is one of the hardest decisions for students. When your in high school you dont think its as important, and majority of people decide a major that they tend to change in the future. This will slow down your college process which will lead to a later graduating date. Also, if you dont end up really loving your major, it will be more difficult to acheive good grades when studying it for 4 years. Managing your time is very important when studying. Make sure if you are a procrastinator, that you change that characteristic as soon as possible. Lastly, staying organized will help in general being successful during all of your years in college.

A person who wants to attend a small university, with a major in either fashion, interior design, nursing or politics. This school has very small classrooms, and alot of one on one time with professors. The staff is very accomodating and really want to help you to succeed in the future. The school is also 70% commuters.

Daniela

Our school is mostly known for fashion and nursing.

Our school is mostly known for fashion and nursing.

The advice i would have gave myself was that to save as much as you can because credits are no good and going through college with loans and debt is very stressful. When you have loans and debts limits your self. make sure you stay away from credt cards and save as much as you can. Take advantage of study aboard because it is a great experience that everyone should go for and as well as internship, start on hands on experience!

That our school is commutter based mostly, so during the weekends it is very empty and bored with no one around. so it can get vey lonely sometimes.

Luz

The advice I will give myself is stay in school and study very hard because if you do, everything will work out fine. You will be a successful person in life and you will not regret anything. Staying in school is very important because you are able to learn many new things and able to get a job with the field you are majoring in. I come from a poor family, my father struggles a lot in order to pay for my school, college is expensive. My father helps me pay for school, he wants me to succeed in life and he sacrifices a lot for me to go to college. The advice is to do anything you can to attend college, you will have a successful life.

I wish I was ready to decide what I would major in.

Anyone is able to attend this University, it is a small school, if your not looking for a small school, I think they should look at a different school instead because it is a very small school.

Marymount University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.