Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Nadine

Both parents and children should listen to each other when looking for a school. Parents have experience and knowledge on their side that will assist their children, whereas new students have a pretty good idea of what will make them comfortable in college. They also know what they want to experience and they should be allowed to experience life for themselves and not what their parents want them to experience.

The parking situation although I hear its getting better.

Everyone can attend this school. Marymount finds a way to cater to each and every person.

Rosetta

I would advise any student and parents of students to really evaluate what type of degree the student is trying to achieve. When that is determined, then the student should make a list of the best universities and colleges that are strong in that program. Also, the student should list out what type of area they prefer, what type of activities they like to do, and what sorts of events they like to attend and then research to see if that specific university or college have those types of activities and events. This will help students get the best college experience that they are looking for.

A person that likes a small environment

Rebecca

A great University where I will learn a great amount in my major at Marymount University

Finding the right college for you which includes the size of the classes, the campus, the ranking of the college, the area. To get the best out of your college experience it is best to go to games, and to join clubs at school.

It is near family, the perfect size of students, friendly people, helpful advisors , teachers are very helpful, students come first, and it's full of life.

morgan

Most are very helpful and want to learn.

Most are very helpful and want to learn.

I would just like all of the students to know that despite what they may think, mom and dad know what they are talking about. Even though students may hate the choices their parents make they should listen because their parents are just looking out for their little boy/girl. My mom had the final say on what college I attended and I hated it. But it turns out she picked the right school for me because believe it or not she knew my personality better than I thought. But parents hear your kids out. Talk to them about their options and decide together on the best university. If you just go out and pick a school without consulting your child it caould be a disaster. The best thing you can do for your child is to take them to vist the school for themself.

If you are willing to work hard and not fool around then you should apply. Professors dont have time for games so unless you are serious about learning don't apply.

christina

You should always visit the school, or schools you have in mind before you make a concrete decision. A lot of people go to whatever college accepts them and gives them the most money, but it's more than that. I visited the school I now attend and from our tour, my parents and I felt more comfortable with the school. You just can't read the viewbook and expect to pick your dream school. To make the most of the college experience, GET OUT OF THE DORM! I sat in my dorm my 1st semester of school and didn't meet many people. Even if you are shy, you have to step out of your comfort zone to enjoy all college has to offer.

Most students live at least 30 minutes away or commute, so the social aspect is sometimes split between people who live on campus and those that do not.

Someone looking for greek life and a large party school.

Our school is very diverse in culture. The Professors are very helpful and want students to succeed not fail. There is alot to do outside of our campus with friends.

All students MUST visit the college they are interested in. Do not settle for less! There is a college out there that meets everyone's wants and needs! Also look up some professors that teach at the school of your choice so you know what your getting into. Most of my friends loved their school, but realized they were in the middle of no where. Make sure you take a good look at your campus, but also look at your surrounding areas. Remember you do need a social life and it should not all be spent on campus. Go out and take a load off the books!

This school has a lot of ups and downs, but mostly downs.

This school has a lot of ups and downs, but mostly downs.

The best thing to do is actually get out and visit the campus you're interested in. Really think hard about what kind of school you want to attend: big, small, city life, country, etc.

This school is too small and too conservative; it's like being in high school still, not college.

Kathleen

Small class size for more individual attention. Close to city with easy access (Metro), but not in major city or dangerous area.Religious affiliation, but tolerant and acceptant of other religions

When deciding on a college, make multiple visits, once by yourself, and once with a tour guide. Visiting by yourself allows you to see what is really going on with out interferance, but a tour guide will show you the highlights of the campus and give you a students view point. Also, research the teachers, alumni, anyone related to the school to see who you are going to be dealing with and what reputation the school has in the actual field, not just academics. Discuss what is important to you before applying, financial aid, distance from home, class size, activities, job placement, socializing, urban or rural location? And remember while at school, you are working towards a final goal, so keep your eye on the prize, but don't let it be all that you see. Part of college is getting an education ofr a carer, but the other part is learning who you are, what you want in life, and expanding your social circle and views.

A person that is looking for a large school, classes are small, the campus is small, and there aren't that many students compared to other local universities. Someone in search of fraternities, sororities, or traditionals sports, we have not frats or sororities, and out main sport is field hockey, there is no football team. Someone who is intolerant of other views, the school has a large number of homosexual students, and students from other cultures.

Sara

I like it that Marymount, although quite small, is extremely diverse. Our student population represents most of the states and more than 63 different countries worldwide. I've learned so many people from different backgrounds and it's really been a great experience! I believe this makes Marymount truely special.

I believe that your college experience is what you make of it. I applied to one school (Marymount University) after looking at only 3 others. The main things I looked at when making my decision were the academic programs offered. I made sure that the school offered all the majors that interested me in case I felt the need to switch majors. This way I wouldn't have to transfer schools if I switched my major. My first semester, I was really tempted to transfer to a bigger school, but I stuck it out and came to appreciate Marymount for its size. I found where I fit in and now it's like a home away from home. I realize everyone has a different way of adjusting to things, but I found it most helpful to connect with people on campus (students, professors and employees) to make the most of my experience at Marymount.

I wish that I had known how little the sporting events are attended. Coming from a high school with a lot of school spirit, I was expecting a college with lots of school spirit and was a little disappointed.

As with any class, there are some brilliant hard working students and some students that are slackers.

My school offered more financial aid wise than the other schools I was considering. Also, my school is close to Washington D.C. and the metro. Having metro accessibility is important for field trips and other fun activities.

The first piece of advice I would give to students and their parents is to visit the campuses of the colleges that they have applied to. Make sure that the student goes on the weekends to see if the campus is dead. I would also advise students to talk to current students attending the college/university and ask questions regarding housing, financial aid, and professors. I would advise parents to stay in the college selection process until the child has successfully been accepted and has started attending that college/university. I would suggest that once students are accepted, that they get involved in a few activities and clubs that will enable them to make friends easily. I would also suggest not taking on too many activities or else it may interfere with school work . Overall, students should enjoy their college experience and get the most out of it that they can.