Buffalo, NY

Medaille College

« See more reviews of Medaille College

Finding the right college is all about feeling comfortable and fitting in. As a student I was always concerned about small class size and feeling comfortable. I reccomend visiting schools and maybe shadow a student to see how classes are an what the campus is like. As for parents, it is easier and less stressful on a child if you simply just support their decsion and ae there for them when they need you throughout the college process. As for making the most of your college experience try to everything you want to do without overwhelming yourself. It will make you feel more comfortable at college if you are a part of a team, group, or club. A life long friend can be made. Lastly just have fun and enjoy every minute of your college experience.

If i could go back to my senior year in high school the best advice i could give myself would be to start becoming more independent. In college the teachers dont keep reminding you when due dates are, or when tests have been schedueled. In college you become very independent and realize that other people are not going to make you succeed, only you can make yourself do well in your classes. You also have to be prepared to talk to the teachers and guidance counslers in your college to take care of your financial aid needs and picking classes for next semester. High school is meant to get you ready for college, but i dont think that students realize the major diffrences between the two until they have lived their first semester in college.

Things are not going to be the same in a few years. Life will get harder, take a year off, go places and do things. Then come back and decide on a career. Life will be awesome, but will be difficult at times and its up to you to make the choices, no your mother or father, or friends and other family. This is now a time for you to mold yourself. Everything happens for a reason, just remember that. Take one day at a time and enjoy the simple things in life. When you decide to go to college do the best you can, and hopefully it will be all that you want it to be. You can do this. Everyone around you is very proud of you and wants to see you succeed. They will be there to pick you up when you fall. But you need to ask for help. YOU CAN DO THIS!

My college experience has had it's ups and downs. It's taught me that when you have a problem you cant ignore it. You have to deal with it head on or else it will not go away. College has taught me not to be afraid to ask for help. It could mean the difference between earned credits, or a waste of money. College is a whole different ball game compared to high school. It's harder, and you really have to buckle down and be serious. College has taught me time management skills, and study habits. It's taught me the difference between a want and a need/priority. Lastly, my college experience has taught me to make friends and have fun. It makes the hard work so much easier.

College is a place where in individual should seek education. Picking the right college is very important, because it determines your future standing. When picking the right school, make sure that your major is offered and try to meet with professors before hand. Once the school is chosen, make sure that a tour of the school is planned. Taking a tour of the school helps an individual determine that this is the school is right for them. Above all, school can be fun, but never let social life take over academic life. The purpose is to learn new things and succeed in life!

If i went to go talk to myself as a high school senior basing what i know now i would tell myself to never give up. After one year of the college i realized that the transition was easy and yes i may get homesick, but i always have my friends right by my sides. I would also tell myself to work hard my senior year so i could get into my dream college but not be discouraged if i didnt because i can transfer next year. Finally i would tell myself to believe in myself because I know what i want to do and how to get there I just have to apply myself.

For the two years of Medaille , I’ve experience a development of myself and the goals I want out of life. When I first started out my major was Business Law, I recently changed my major to Communications. With such a diverse crowd of students and faculty it showed me the joy I get out of interacting with people. From what I’ve gotten the most from Medaille is to be open to new people and opinions. Even though my collage journey is not over I hope to experience a lot more.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have learned how to write an essay better and have been learning a lot about my career. I have made many new friends on campus. I have learned better studing methods to use before a test or quiz. It is vauable to attend college because I need a degree for my career. Attending also allows me to learn many things in classes, even those that do not involve my career.

dont rush the decision. and definatley dont base your decision on one factor, such as athletics. Academics are what you go to school for, and its all you have once you graduate, so make sure you do the best you can for yourself. Also, dont be afraid of the sitcker price of the school. many schools offer financial aid to almost all students. its like buying a car. the price is never as high as the MSRP sticker.

I think that finding the right college has to be made by the student not the parent. The size of campus and classes has to fit to the student. Also the students need a chance to meet their professors to see if they can offer the education that they need. To make the most of the college experience a student should live on campus. This allows a student to meet new people and really get a feel for the campus.