Mercer University

« See more reviews of Mercer University

My classmates are a varied as the desert. The desert is blazing hot during the day and freezing cold at night. Some of my classmates are at one extreme of just about any scale one can think of (politics, athleticism, religiousness, etc.) and some are at the other end. There are plenty of places to fit in and engage other ideas and people.

Classmates are competitive and will do anything to get a good grade, whether they have to flirt, manipulate, and lie to their classmates and teachers for it to happen, so dont always trust who you meet, but there are some amazing people though, so just trust your gut.

Many of my classmates are priviliged and have not been challenged in their views or ideas before coming to school, so many are opinionated or outspoken in theoretical conversations and open discussions, which can be a good thing when you want to hear new ideas.

Mercer is full of the friendliest people I have ever met, people who go out of their way to help and converse with one another, just as a way to get to know each other and to show their southern hospitality.

Mostly the smart kids from their schools, mostly Baptist (or other Protestant, identifying relatively strongly), conservative at the outset but getting more liberal (slowly) throughout their stay.

Diverse backgrounds. Most classes filled with students of different majors, religions, and political views who still can keep things friendly and not let differing views turn them into enemies

The main aspect about my school is building a community, and respectful, kind, and funny are just a few characteristics of my peers that builds that community at it's best.

Most students here come from strong academic back grounds in high school. Classes are fairly tough and require you to have good communication skills with your classmates.

My classmates at Mercer have to be the most diverse, serious, friendly, academically inclined, and interesting group of people anyone could ever meet.

The majority of my classmates are intelligent and energetic towards their classes and put enormous effort into all of their classes.