Mercer University

« See more reviews of Mercer University

Mercer University is a place for people who are ready and willing to do their absolute best and help others reach their full potential as well. When attending Mercer, you need to have the motivation to go to class and do your best - and to walk up and down hills. You also need to have the drive and ambition to reach your goal and graduate with your degree. Last but certainly not least, you need compassion for others. In other words, if you do not have motivation, compassion, and the drive and ambition, you really should conisder a different university.

Mercer University is located in Macon, Georgia; a historical Southern town. The school is Baptist-affiliated and is very conservative. For this reason is why people that do not fit "social-norms" should not attend this school. It is a very good school and by all means if you are very smart you should come to this school, but in my opinion the trouble that you are faced with here by not following conservative views definitely makes the process of getting a great education harder to enjoy.

Anyone who supports no work ethic should stray away from this school. Many of the professors expect a lot of work, so it is not for anyone without the time to dedicate to classes. If someone plans to plagiarize, then they can expect to be expelled. Mercer is a dry campus. No alcohol is permitted. This is not a party college for the student who just wants to spend their college career getting wasted and partying.

One quality that could make it hard to attend Mercer would be a certain lack of independence and conviction. This is a demanding school - success in this environment requires personal conviction and direction. Mercer offers a support system of advisors and academic resources, and the students are quick to rally around each other. The materials to thrive are there, but you have to take the initiative to use them!

If you are not willing to work, then I wouldn't suggest Mercer University for you. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world to attend this school, but you must be focused on your work. If your family doesn't have alot of money then you I would highly suggest finding other resoursces prior to attending Mercer University.

The school has a dry campus, and anyone caught drinking pays a fine. So if you need alcohol to have fun on a regular basis, don't attend. Of course, there are others who do drink on campus, take the risk of getting caught, and don't. Also, don't attend if you intend on cheating. Failure of the class and suspension can result.

Someone satisfied with doing the level of work that was required of them in high school. If you slack at this university, the classes will eat you alive. If your goal is to go to school because your parents are making you, or simply because it is the next step after high school, Mercer University is not for you.

A person who needs to be surrounded by many people should not attend Mercer. Our campus is fairly small and close. The classes are small and it is likely to have classmates in multiple classes with you. If one needs the constant bustle of a large school, Mercer is not for them.

I would not recommend Mercer UNiversity to a student that is not well grounded and disciplined. There are a lot of evetns going on through the week and even during finals so the student needs to know how to put work first and be an efeective time manager.

Someone who does not have the drive and patience to endure tough but accelerating academics should not attend Mercer. I personally think anyone has the potential to attend Mercer but to say it will be a breeze is a huge understatement.