Metropolitan Community College Area

« See more reviews of Metropolitan Community College Area

Now that I am more than double my high school age, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I could have done what I am doing now "Nursing". I would say, the army offered to pay for you to be a nurse, just do it. You have so many choices ahead. You could attend College of Saint Mary's or another college, without having to burden your parents. It wasn't always about how much I would have cost them if I attended college. I thought I was keeping them out of debt, never really understanding how I would have got alot of help to get in to college. That getting into college is so much more than the endless tourture of trying to fit in of high school.

Coming out of high school, I was not very excited about continuing on, to go and do more schooling. I am 33 years old now, and almost 1/2 way through to my Associates, and I am loving every minute of it. If I could go back and tell myself that going to college right out of high school will get me my degree and on the path of life that I choose, instead of listening to my inner self and want to go and have fun with friends all the time, partying. I think that if I would have chosen to continue right out of high school, things would be a lot more stable. Although I am feeling really good about school now, I do wish that I would have went sooner.

Advice that I would give to myself as a highschool senior 5 years ago would be to actually focus on school. It may sound cliche, but education really is a treat because ignorance is not always bliss. Growing up you will hear mother say "Stay in school, do your homework, don't drop out" ect., LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER! I am now a single mother, wishing I could go back in time to get the education to provide for my daughter. By now I could have graduated, looking toward buying a house, romance and partying can wait. Being able to provide for my daughter is the inspiration and drive for success.

Please stay in school. I cannot stress enough how easy it is for you now as opposed to being an adult and trying to delegate tasks to children, what kind of sleep you miss out on and how much work affects your life. There is just not enough time in the day. Stay in school, complete a program. It doesn't have to be special, just get a degree in anything and youll figure out the rest along the way. It doesnt have to be now. The time will be there to learn and grow and discover who you are and what you want.

If I were to go back and tell myself anything, it would be to express the importance of a college education for women. Although many women think that they will just get married and have babies, thus becoming stay at home moms, women should definitely have any education to fall back on. Not only does an education provide a person with skills to get a job and provide for oneself financially, but it increases self esteem and independence.

To not overwhelm yourself and try to take on more work than you should. I would tell myself to take my time and focus on getting the best grades I could and not worry about impressing anyone else or trying to take on too much of a courseload.

Please stop assuming that everything will get handed to you on a silver platter. Work your butt off! Pay attention in Math class, trust me, you will need it later! Start researching colleges right away! Have fun!

Self, don't go to community college, go strait to a university.

N/a