Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

My school has a variety of accredited programs: the nursing school, Eli Broad, the teaching program and the vet school to name a few. But, unfortunately Michigan State University is known for the fan base and rioting. It is sad when a very minute portion of the student body and even local young adults participate in unnecessary activites and the whole university is labeled. There are positives to our stereotypes however. MSU has one of the largets fan bases in America. Whether the spartans win or lose -- they students and alumni will always be supoortive.

When I'm asked this question...the first thing that comes to mind is the excitement of football games in the fall! Even if you don't have tickets, many students simply enjoy tailgating and taking in all the sights and sounds each Saturday during home games. MSU has a lot of pride and school spirit, you certainly need to take part to get the full effect! Chants of GO GREEN and GO WHITE echo across the beautiful grounds of the West Circle neighborhood, and you might even see Sparty escorting the Spartan Marching band on their walk towards the stadium!

Michigan State University is best known for a few things. Probaby the number one thing we are known for though is our athletics, especially basketball and football. We are talked about nationwide on channels like ESPN. A majority of ou varsity sports are consistently ranked high in the polls. But on the flip side, we are known for our academic programs too. Our Supply Chain Management and Teacher Education are ranked number one in the county as well as many of our other programs are topped ranked such as accounting, engnieering, and science.

In undergraduate studies MSU is known for the James Madison (political science/ pre-law) program and the Lyman Briggs ( science/ pre-med program). We also have an amazing Business school and education school. MSU is towards the top in schools that accept foreign students and is the nation's lead researcher for agricultural science. As of recent, we have surpassed MIT as the nation's top researcher for nuclear sciences for developing a facility that studies rare nuclear isotopes with a $550 million dollar grant from the federal government.

That depends who you ask. Many people think MSU is a drinking/party school, but we're actually lower than national statistics on that scale. There are definitely ways to be invovled in the party scene, but there are even more possibilities to meet great friends without that kind of atmosphere without any pressure. MSU is also known for it's vet program, which is the initial reason I picked it. Their attitude is to train good doctors, not to actively seek awards for being the best; I think that attitude actually helps make them so remarkable.

Michigan State University is best known for our enormous campus and large student body. Michigan State is actually one of the largest campuses in the United States. With such a large number of students, our campus is very diverse. Michigan State has a very large social aspect, with hundreds of clubs and organizations to participate in all over campus. Almost anything that a prospective student could be interested in is offered here at Michigan State. With such a large amount of diversity, you will meet people from every walk of life.

My school is best known for study aboard program. In Michigan State, you have so many choices of countries that you want to go study abroad. I want to apply to study aboard in Japan when I become a Junior. My friend who have been study abroad really want to go to other countries after they got back from one. Michigan State offer a really good opportunity for students who never been travel around that much to gain experience in different countries, student will enjoy seeing the different side of the world.

Many people think that this university is one of the top drinking schools. I believe that you can find that if it is what you are looking for. This school has one of the top Veterinary Schools in the country and is also top in the country for Packaging Engineering. It is an amazing school for business and law. It has outstanding resources in which one can get help with classes or with advising and even finding a job. This is an amazing school inside and out and I have enjoyed my experience here.

My school is known for its sports and for being the rival of the University of Michigan. Our basketball team is our best team. In the academic arena, my school is known for its residential colleges, James Madison and Lyman Briggs, one political science and the other natural science, respectively. Although James Madison is not an Ivy League school, it is recognized nationally by law schools as one of the best colleges for preparing students for law school from a state university.

MSU is known as a large and reputable Big Ten university. Its Zoology/Veterinary/science programs are highly reputable, and MSU is one of the country?s leading innovators in alternative energies. MSU?s Business program is well-known and ranks first or second as the university that employers go to when looking for potential workers. MSU?s Education program is also highly reputable for producing quality teachers.