Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

Basically Michigan State University is the B-E-S-T university out there. The unity of all the students is #1 the friends you will meet are #1 and the beauty of the campus along with the academic aspects and preparing you for the real world are #1 as well. College is truly the best time of your life. I know it's important to take your classes seriously and do well-- but like I said before, build up your time management skills. Study in the morning, during the week and have fun and go out and meet people at night. Do as many things as you can to be a part of the MSU family. Be a part of the IZZONE! (camping out for it with friends is a BLAST), go to the football games and learn the special chants that we love yelling, even though other more conservative people may not) "FIRST DOWN B*&@#!!", just fall in love with everything I've just described and learn what it means to be a Spartan !!

The MSU Nursing program has a reputation of being unpredictable and even discriminatory. I am still surprised that I was rejected from entering their programs, even though my pre-requisite coursework GPA is 3.5 and I have a recent M.B.A. with a 4.0 GPA. MSU staff was not honest with me when I discussed program requirements before I began taking nursing pre-req's. My MSU alumni husband has been a longtime generous donor, and was so disappointed in MSU's treatment of me that he ended his donations. It seems like MSU values football/sports instead of ensuring quality academic program management (at least in the Nursing program). I'm attending LCC's Nursing program and will obtain my BSN from UofM-Flint. It still doesn't make sense to me that I'm going to UofM and not MSU.

I consider MSU unique because there is no defining student stereotype. Students are neither inherently liberal like some progressive colleges or conservative like many religious institutions. Level of studiousness, socioeconomic class, or chosen major? Complete ambiguity. From every topic across the globe it can be said students come from a wide variety of experiences. My friends from high school who attend other schools could immediately describe their student body if asked, however it is with great difficulty for me to do the same. There is no "typical" MSU student and for that, I am extremely proud.

Michigan State University is very unique when compared with other schools because it offers its students the type of academic experience that no other university can. The sports program is top ranked along with many career programs. The faculty is highly involved in supporting students to participate in research projects. MSU has a very large campus so therefore does an adequate job of providing reliable transportation to the students whether they live on-campus or off-campus. Due to the diverse population, MSU offers one of the best meal plans with many different options to choose from.

Michigan State University is the largest open air campus in the U.S. I was accepted to a joint undergraduate-medical school program that I will complete in seven years. There is a tremendous number of majors, minors and concentrations available as well as an extensive on-line summer school schedule for those who want to complete their degree on an accelerated time table. Counselors are very accessible and helpful and professors are flexible and work with you to achieve your goals. MSU is a large school with many small school(s) within a school opportunities.

This is a school with a very large campus, and a wide range of studies for undergraduates, graduates, law, med and vet-med students. There are many opportunites for internship, research and networking. The unique thing is, even though the school is massive, it still feels like home. You can't get lost. There are specialty colleges within the university for students concentrating in science, pre-law, and groups that help prepare memebers with their personal education and career goals. Whatever you're looking for, chances are it's waiting for you.

Michigan State Univerity is a very unique school compared to the other schools I considered because of the opportunities that are given. The school is very diversed and allows students to meet, greet, and learn from new people. My school has the best study abroad program that allows student to visit other states and countries to learn. Students and faculty members has an impact on ach other because we learn from each other. I have the opportunity to attend a big ten college and become the doctor I want to be. I love Michigan State University!

What's really unique about Michigan State University is that its an incredibly diverse school with so many opportunities for students to get out and experience the college life. Whether it be learning certain subjects, playing sports or socializing, it creates a friendly fun environment. MSU is very well known for its large beautiful campus. Many people walk on campus just for its scenery and our gardens that are well taken care of. Overall MSU is much different than other campuses in so many aspects that makes itself so independent from others.

Michigan State really focuses on keeping their campus natural and beautiful. The idea is to keep it almost like a park space with buildings strategically placed throughout. It is a beautiful campus with a downtown very close, unlike Western Michigan University where the downtown is 15 minutes away, or the University of Michigan where the campus is actually in the middle of downtown with hardly any green spaces. For me the campus feel is very important. If I'm not happy with the environment I'm living in, it will make it harder to be successful.

One of the most unique qualities at Michigan State University is that there is an overwhelming push towards environmental friendliness. Each year, MSU has increased the number of recycling deposit centers around campus, and offers recycling for less common items (empty liquid detergent bottles, cardboard, etc.). The coffee shops and school stores on campus are advertising reusable thermoses as an alternative to waste producing styrofoam cups. For a campus as large as it is, I truly applaud MSU for making a positive impact on our environment.