Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

As a university, there are many colleges that make up the institute of higher learning. Due to that, we are required to take classes and receive a certain amount of credits for courses that may not have anything to do with our future plans.

If you want help for anything, such as advising or career replacement, you need to seek it out yourself. All of the resources are there, but no one is going to hand it to you. You need to do the work and research for that sort of thing.

Its size is both its best and worst traits. There are things here I could not experience at smaller schools. But sometime it's a pain to have to walk 25 mins to get across campus. Smaller class sizes for gen. eds. would be nicer too.

The sheer size of the school definitely has a down side. Sometimes you feel lost in the thick of things. Even though there is a sense of community at Michigan State, it's hard to get more of that family feeling because it's so big.

The worst thing about Michigan State is the parking, and the rent for any housing. There is no where to park that is decently cheap on campus. Also, living anywhere even remotely close to campus you are paying 500+ a month.

The worst thing about MSU is the walking distance required to make it to some of my classes. Ifone class runs late, it could hinder my ability to make it on time to another one of my classes that may be closely scheduled.

Although the university has over 200 majors and minors, there are a few very popular programs like pharmacy and occupational therapy that aren't offered as majors, which makes students uninterested in attending.

The worst thing about Michigan State University is the cost to attend, although its one of the greatest investments I am making, it can be overwhelming when federal financial aid doesnt cover the entire cost.

The worst thing is proabably the parking like I said above it is too expensive for college kids, and then also the people that work in the administration building in financial aid are sort of rude sometimes.

The off-campus housing is awful. There are a few massive companies that really control all of the houses and apartments, and they are outrageous with their pricing. The houses aren't in very good condition.