Michigan State University

« See more reviews of Michigan State University

I without a doubt love my school, but I wish I would have known how hard it was to get into the nursing program here before I came. I have known I wanted to go into nursing since my senior year in high school when I started my job as a nursing assstant at the hospital. If I would have known how hard it was to get into MSU's nursing program I might have chose a different school, so that I wouldn't have to worry about possibly eventually transferring, if i dont get inot the nursing program here.

The best thing about Michigan State University is the sense of community. Everybody I met wanted to be there and welcomed me with open arms. I met so many people that I would of never had a chance to if I did not go here. When I was in the student section at a football games, I felt like I was with my family. We all cheered in unison together and always made an effort to meet the person sitting next to you. The best part about State is that its not just a school but its my home.

I think the best thing about Michigan State University is the faculty. The professors are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They are very good about answering all questions and really care about students succeeding. They provide you with so many resources and outlets to find help that there is really no excuse for failing. Also the residence faculty is incredible. They are very nice people and are always willing to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.

The amount of classes that are offered is possibly the best thing about Michigan State University. If the area you wish to enter does not have a specific major or classes that need to be taken to earn the degree for it, for example Nuclear Chemistry, you have the ability to choose the classes that would make up that major. The number of classes also allows your more flexibility for electives, minors, and alternatives for the classes required by a major.

The best thing about Michigan State University is the makeup of the student body. The student body is made up of many different ethnicities, backgrounds, cultures, and religions. Everybody is studying different things, and sharing new ideas. These differences are so important because they help us open our eyes to see differently and broader. My room mate and I came from completely different backgrounds, and she is now my best friend.

The best thing about Michigan State University is the wide variety of different demographics of students and faculty. Whether students come from a small, rural town or a large, wealthy city, they get the opportunity to meet people that come from all different kinds of areas. I have met so many different kinds of people and have learned about their personal histories that have really opened my eyes to how big the world really is.

With every school there is a different atmosphere and of course a big ten school will have a great sports atmosphere. I feel students unit together when It comes to sports. Another thing that is really interesting about this school is how encouraging it is about recycling. It really is amazing. We make the effort to put up signs have recycling areas in a lot of the buildings and have recycling trucks. The effort is really great.

I think the best thing about my school would be that we are diverse. I get to take heed from people all over the world and get a perspective from them instead of the media. The past 18 years, I have assumed that whatever the media said about another race was true. I believe that I will hear another side from those people who actually are being thrown under the bus by the media. I just can't wait to hear their side of the story.

The best thing about being a Michigan State student is the academic oppurtunities that this university offers. There is a vast majority of majors that students can choose to specialize in. Upon graduation, most students will walk away with a great eduaction that will allow them to succeed in the real world. Students receiving a BA degree from MSU will be well educated amd traimed to work in the work force. GO State!!!!!

I believe the best thing about my school is scenery and the diversity. We have a very strong international student program that goes both ways. Meaning there are many oppurtunities for people to come here and for us to go there. East Lansing is most scenic in the fall when all the leaves change color, and is a great place to learn. It helps you get up and go to class because it is such a nice, well constructed campus.