MidAmerica Nazarene University

« See more reviews of MidAmerica Nazarene University

When choosing a college, there are many important things to consider. I will say that students and parents should look at the way people interact with each other on campus. People who are friendly, outgoing, accepting, etc. are people you want to be around. You will make friends that will last a lifetime. Also, look at the morals and values that the majority of the school holds. You need to consider what the best environment for you is to be in and around. You want to be around people who make good choices and decisions and who also learn and grow with one another. To make the most of your college experience, I would say get involved as much as you can. You need to find out what you like to do and how you can help benefit your school. You will have so much fun trying new things and experiencing things that will benefit you for the rest of your life.

I feel parents and students should visit the campus together. If there are any concerns, feel free to ask. That is the only way you will know if the particular campus is right for you. Make it a point to check out the features of the college that pertain to the major chosen. I feel the students and parents should meet with the professors/ chairperson of the field you have chosen to study. This will give you a feel about how the professors relate to the students. Caring professors and staff make a great difference in how much the student can rely on them for help whether in the classroom setting or just be able to take personal problems to them, knowing they are available to help. A college experience should be very positive and rewarding. If it is not, the student will not be prepared for the work field or even life itself.

I would tell myself that it is a good thing to finish high school strong by keeping my grades up and taking the ACT or SAT test more than once. I would also mention that there is no need to stress out, though, if you don't have the highest GPA or high ACT or SAT scores. This does not mean your chance of going to a four-year university is impossible or out of reach. Since I was bullied in high school, I assumed college would be a continuation of this type of existence. So, it would be important to communicate that college is a different world than high school. This is especially true of smaller colleges because they have classes and/or programs in place that help with making that transition into the freshman year of college.

I have received the joy of finding a campus that loves to serve God in a multitude of ways and being able to have professors that care about you and take the time to know each person in their class individually and by name. There is no better place for me right now then to be at MNU so that I can focus my attention on God and listen for where he wants to use me. I have also been given the opportunity to take a strengths finder test which has enables me to find out more about myself then I have ever known before. This helps me to understand more where I struggle and has also given me insight into my strengths and to my talents. This is something that I will be able to use and remember for the rest of my life.

Choose what feels like home to the student. If they don't think they will be comfortable there then the chances of them doing well at that school go down. you want them to have a place that feel as much like home as possible, no matter if they are hundereds of miles away or just down the street. So many people worry about the cost and not the enviroment of the school and choose one that may be cheaper but lacks the feeling of home. Feeling at home is very important, because it is going to be home for the next few years of your life, so why note feel good about the place you are going to spent those years? chose a place like home so you have one away from home.

Ok Pamela, this is your one chance to make a good start at a promissing future for yourself. Don't get sidetracked with the temptations of outside life, the parties, the relationships. Make good choices and be a model citizen. Finish what you start, and don't postphone your degree as you will regret it. Do the best you can, and apply yourself. Your education will mold your life and form your path to the doorways of opportunity. Keep up with technology. Take notice of the world around you. Be a good citizen and treat others as you would want to be treated. Learn something new everyday. Help others learn when they are struggling.

Participate in everything you can. Continue to be involved in FFA and church as much as possible. However, you should have got a job earlier than you did. Also, you should have started interning at the local vet clinic sooner. I would tell myself to not let technicalities hold me back, but to perservere and push through to the end. It will be worth the pain it cost. Be thankful for the time you have while you are under your parents roof. Don't take it for granted because life only gets harder and more complicated from there on out. Enjoy the little things. Ride horses whenever possible and make more time for friends.

Don't worry about money - yes it is a big factor in life in general, but I know from experience that once you walk onto the campus of the school you're supposed to be at, you'll know it. It may be a really expensive school, but if it's where you're supposed to be, that will all work out. Don't ever be afraid to ask the school for more money, but just remember that your college experience is supposed to be a great one, so don't miss out on it just because of the money factor. It will work out - I know that for a fact, because I go to a $24,000/year school, and somehow the money ALWAYS comes in each semester. :)

I have learned so very much, academically, spiritually and even about myself. it's been an amazing experience for me to be able to go to this school and to make these life long friends, the ones that if I were to ever need anything they would help infact, I had some health issues this past year and a few of the administation took me to my appointments as well as helped me pay for my medical bills. It was a huge blessing and something I know that would not be done my most college or people these days. It was awesome :D

Do not be afraid step out and be the person that YOU want to be instead of what anyone around you is pressing you to do. If you go away to school, when you come home for the holidays, do not expect everything to be just the way you left it. Your friends will change and dynamics will be differnt. Do not be scared. You will make it just fine. But know that the world did not stop while you were away. The world seems to move a lot faster when you are away.