Montclair State University

« See more reviews of Montclair State University

The teachers are really great and motivate you to do school work. They also help you in any way they can. They trully are understanding towards students facing hardships while in school. Also everyone at school has fun while working on their school work, be it inside or outside of the classroom. The school organizes many events to help relax the students and also so the students can enjoy themselves. We have a diner open 24/7 so you won't go hungry while on campus. Teachers treat you like an individual and give you the respect you deserve.

Although we are not that big of a university, we have a high level of school spirit. People get along really well with one another and all the students. The students at Montclair State University tend to stick together with one another, we have a high level of respect and we all are concerned about safety on campus. The students are also really involved on school campus, most students attend athletic events as well as plays that go on around campus. Also, we tend to have classes with the same group of people, so you get to know people.

Montclair State a beautiful camplus in a nice quiet town. Most of the other schools I considered had metropolitan style campuses. Their campuses seemed to be in the middle of the city. Mpntclair on the other hand had a full campus which I think adds to the overall campus experience. At Montclair State,one can experience the campus itself and campus life without the influence of the surrounding. Althought this is not to say that one should not experience life off campus for there is much to enjoy in the town of Montclair.

The unique thing about this Univerity is that it is cheaper than the other Universities in New Jersey. As well what attracted me to this University was that there was a BA and MA program for psychology majors in five years. Which makes me happy and focus to finish school early and save money. The unique thing is that everyone is very friendly, because in my neighborhood one look and it means trouble. While in Montclair State everyone greets each others in manner. Another thing is that there is always help anywhere you go.

I chose Montclair State University because the faculty truly takes an interest in the student body and how they can help further students' education while still giving them skills that they will be able to use out in the "real world". I felt secured in knowing that I was in good hands and could turn to anyone for help if I had any questions concerning my education. The school's diversity was another factor that tipped the balance for me because I knew that this would help me become into a well-rounded individual.

All the colleges I considered were out of state, and I even attended one of them before transferring to Montclair State. I think this school was different, because it is close to home for me, and also in a city enviroment. It puts a lot of emphasis on "Greek Life" as well, which the other schools I considered did not; however, I am not in a sorrority and there is no pressure to pledge. Everyone is invited to their sponsored events, regardless of affiliation.

I only applied to small schools, in search for a community feel. At Montclair State University, I have definitely found it. With a large commuter population, the on-campus portion allows you to see many of the same people from time to time, allowing you to mix groups of friends and create new friends within them. It has opened my eyes to individual personalities from different students who come from all over the state and many of New Jersey's bordering states.

Unlike, many other schools Montclair State has given me the option to either communte or dorm on their campus. I was interested in a school that could offer me the same possibilities as a school that requires their students to dorm. I have the chance to come home and still attend school. Afterall, Montclair State is the perfect distance away from my home yet its far enough to gain a new experience. Its community is friendly and home to its students.

Even though Montclair State is located in New Jersey, I have met completely different people. Though my school is the second largest school in the state, it has this homely feeling as if everyone knows each other. There are some professors and faculty members at this school who truly care about the students' success and they will go above and beyond to make sure everything is okay with you.

Montclair has a lot to offer if the college experience is taken seriously. The academics in my major are solid, and the work is certainly doable if properly managed with social time. Montclair is a dry campus, so if you are looking to attend a party school, this is not for you. This school would be a good fit for many students because of its large selection of majors.