Morehead State University

« See more reviews of Morehead State University

Look for the place that you like the most visually, academically, and socially. You won't always get a second chance so try to make the best of your first choice. Remember that things always go wrong somewhere, so be prepared to have to break out and act on your own to get things accomplished. It is a rough world out there but with the right help and enough planning you can figure it out.

Go to all the school's you are looking at and make sure they fit right to you. If you know someone who attends the college, try and arrange an overnight visit so you can see the dorm rooms up close. Get involved early, whether through the greek community, SGA, church groups or major-related clubs, getting involved is important to making the most out of your college experience.

The advice I would give would be to visit many universities and look for the the situation and place for that particular student. I believe that given the right environment anyone can succeed. The time you spend at college should not only be academic but be social and fun. If you won't enjoy your time at a particular university, I promise the academics will slip.

I would make a list of everything I wanted out of a college and look for universities. I wanted something that was on the smaller side, close enough to go home whenever I wanted but far enough away to where I still had my freedom, and a place that was very strong in my desired field, and thats exactly what I got in my school. Also, campus tours are amazing.

The only way to find out if a college is right for you is to visit the campus, talk to the students, and find out what the classes are like. To make the most of your college experience, you need to be willing to try new things, step outside of your comfort zone, and find a balance between the academic and social aspects of your life.

I would tell the parents and students to try to find a school that meets the student's academic needs and is financially affordable for the family. I would encourage the student to take part in as much of the collage experience on campus as possible, which ranges from sociallizing to volunteering for the community.

I feel like to make the most out of your college experience you need to contribute to it in some way. Parents who just hand over money to their children are really doing them a dis-service because they are not appreciating it in a way someone would if they had to pay for at least part of it on their own.

I have learned to come out of my shell with the help of new friends. I am learning I need to buckle down and get serious and study with more determination then in high school. That there is help avialable you just have to keep asking! The instructors are really good about helping out with a problem.

Find a school that you feel comfortable in on the college visit. Choose a school where you're in the same kind of environment as when you are home, and if you get homesick, stay close to home. Also, unless you're completely committed, don't try a long distance relationship out of high school!

In order to do well in college it is simple, go to class and be engaged. When a teacher sees that you are trying they are more likely to help you more in and out of the class room and also if they see you trying they are much more likely to give you extensions if you ever need one.