Morehouse College

« See more reviews of Morehouse College

Morehouse College strongly encourages a "Do-It-Yourself" experience. If a person wishes to succeed at this school, he/she must not only be focused and dedicated, but also have a strong connection with fellow classmates. There are many temptations and vices in college, such as partying, alcohol, drugs, and the ever-so present distraction of the all-female college, Spelman, next door. If planning to attend, one must also be mindful that there is not much diversity around. This school is meant for the person who has a very open outlook on life and a career set in mind.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is energetic about excelling in their academics, lending a helping hand to his classmates whenever it is needed, and offering service to the community. This person should ultimately desire to grow into a Renaissance Man--a man who embodies integrity, loyalty, humility, and strives to make this world a better place. Furthermore, from the mission statement of our president, Dr. Robert Franklin, this person should aspire to be "well-read, well-dressed, well-spoken, well-traveled, and well-balanced".

Any man, regardless of ethnicity, who wants to go to college not for him but for everyone around him, who wants to support and make a difference for those who don't have that same opportunity that he does, being able to pick where you want to go to College is a man who should attend Morehouse. Morehouse College is like a big frat, so it comes with that alias the reputation of giving young men the opportunity to become brothers; anyone who wants to make a change for his surroundings while still having support should attend Morehouse College.

The type of person that should attend this college is an individual ready to learn what it takes to make it to the next level, and by next level I mean whatever you have in mind for the future that you may want to accomplish. Morehouse is filled with different types of majors, the learning environment mixed with the faculty are there to help you excel, however as with any university/college it is up to you to get the most out of it and use all resouces.

First of all someone who is not timid and shy, that is unless you don't want to change from that. Someone who has definite goals and knows what they want out of life. Someone who wants to be surrounded in culture and history. Someone who is not afraid to stand against the things in society you believe needs to be changed. An African American male whose goal is to uplift his population and see greater things than what is usully expected of him.

A growing man desiring to expand his every horizon in the real world in order to be successful is a person who should attend Morehouse College. Those men with disciplined minds and willing lead a life of leadership and service are the men who should attend Morehouse College.

Since Morehouse College is an all male school, I believe that any male should attend this school. Although it is a historically black college, Morehouse believes in equality for all. It is a good college experience for anybody, no matter what race you are.

A person who is willing to change the world by allowing themselves to be a vessel in which the change can be flowed through. We plan to change the world by being: well-balanced, well- traveled, well-read, well-dressed, and well-spoken.

People who are very religious and I mean baptist/christian. It is a very religious school. Certainly have some intelligence and be able to bring something to the plate. Be well rounded and versed.

The kind of person who should attend Morehouse should be someone who is open to everything and anything. He should be forward thinking and have the world's best interest at heart.