Flint, MI
Mott Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mott Community College

Bethani

Mott is best known in Flint for affordable, worthwhile education.

Mott is best known in Flint for affordable, worthwhile education.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself, "Get out there and make some friends. Cement those new relationships. It's easy to regret actions not taken, and you won't die if you put yourself out there and get shot down. It's always better to know that there are people who you can rely on for help, and who trust you enough to ask for your help, as well. Have confidence, and people will be drawn to you. Help others, and they will not hesitate to return the favor."

I consider the low student-teacher ratio to be the best thing about Mott; it makes classes personable and comfortable.

Kyle

Mott is best known for its affordableness and it also has a ranked wrestling team. To most coming into mott, they mainly see just how affordable that this school is making education for those families that cannot afford to go to universities.

Assuming that i could go back in time, that i could become what i was before this year, I would work even harder in high school. I went through my senior year with straight A's. I maintained a 4.0 and it felt good, i took hard classes, but i should have taken more english classes. English has never been my strong point. I can do calculus, but english came with more of a struggle. I worked very hard for a good grade, but i shouldv'e taken more of the classes for practice for when i got into college. I always assumed that i wouldn't have to write many papers because i wanted to be a math professor when i grow up. I still want to be a professor when i grow up but now i see that i still have to write many papers. Another thing i would do if i were back in high school would be to fill out more scholarships. i filled out many essays and never heard back, so eventually i started applying less. i shouldv'e applied because i'm third of six children so its hard to pay for college.

I wish i would have known how nice the teachers were going to be. I had in my mind that the teachers would be just like the ones you hear about. I thought they would be grouchy the whole time, but when i got there i met my teachers and they were very helpful and enjoyed doing what they are doing.

Nicholas

Mott Community College is best known for being very affordable. They also have an excellent basketball team: winning the national title almost every year. The teachers are great. They really try to help each and every student reach their maximum potential.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I could have avoided alot of mistakes. I would advise myself to always be organized. I would explain to myself the impotance of reading ahead in order to be better prepared for the upcoming class. I would tell myself to always ask a question if their was anything that I was unsure about or failed to understand. I would remind myself to always stay focused on the big picture. I would tell myself to make a list of goals, starting with the short term and ending with were I would like to be in ten years. I would say have fun but also be aware of the company you keep, maintain wise counsel and always strive to be the best that you can be. There is no failure when you have giving all that you have to give. Learn from your mistakes for experience is always the best teacher. I would say with a stern voice "stay humble, work hard, and success will manifest itself".

I think Mott Community College is an excellent choice for any individual. The credits earned at Mott transfer to almost every four year college or university.

Sirena

If I could go back in time I would tell myself two important things. The first will be to get started on my college things much sooner. If I would have did my fasfa earlier, and took the time out to do other scholarships and/or grants I wouldn?t had to go through the things that I went through in 2008. If I knew I was going to have so much trouble with my financial aid I would have went to Mott or teachers from high school to get it done correctly and quicker. After I graduated in I thought everything was in order for me to start college.. The second will have to be wait to have a baby. Both of these reasons are why I couldn?t attend college. I wanted to take the year off to have my son, but even if I didn?t get pregnant I was still going to have to take time off to get everything situated with the financial aid process. There are a lot of things that I wish I could have done different it just to bad I really cant go back in time to start everything over.

I would have to say the worst thing about my school is the fact that the workers, financial aid workers mostly, are very slow at there job. The financial aid department can take forever with the most simplest request ever. I had trouble with my fafsa in 2008, so I wasn?t able to attend school that year. I had to go through so much in order to get in. I had to wait until 2009 when I had my son and renew my fasfa in order to attend and they still had problems with my financial aid.

When people ask me what college I go to, I quickly and proudly tell them Mott. I tell all about how Mott gave me more money back then what other schools may have given back. I also tell them about the Health Care Programs Mott offers and how in a short amount of time you can get your certificates, licenses, and degree. Not only do they have a great Health Care Program, but other programs. The teachers at Mott helps you with whatever you need them to help you with as well as the other staff.

Laura

If I were to go back in time and talk to my high school senior self, i would have suprisingly first said to be more punctual. People are on time or early when they are serious about something, and you need to be serious about college. In college you cannot get by with taking half useful notes and asking your friends for answers. College is about you and it is all on you, its all on you to transition and make it work for you to make yourself a better person, and to grow as a member of the community. I would also tell myself to stay on top of homework, and attend every class. You never know when you can miss something important that you may never hear again. Also, thorough notes and flashcards will help you in the long run, trust me. And daydreaming in class wont get you anywhere except confused and behind, in college its not funny to not pay attention. The people sitting next to you do not think its funny either. But most of all, i would tell myself to have fun! College isnt all bookwork and late night cram sessions! Have some fun!

People who are not serious with their life or work. The people in high school who come to school on drugs and sit in the back of the class so they can hide from the teacher and sleep should not attend this school. The ones who are lazy, procrastinators, unmotivated, and overly dependent. College is about growing up and becoming everything you want you to be. If your going to come to school on drugs, leave early and not pay attention, then you should not attend this school.

That many of the teachers have life experience in the field they are teaching. You cannot always just learn from reading a book, that doesnt make it exciting. The teachers and fellow students actually care about you and want you to succeed. The strive just like you do to do better in this world, and make something of themselves. My school is all about basically finding who you are, and doing it on purpose. Making a difference in the community and in our own individual lives.

Tyler

If I could go back and give myself some advice it would be to take every class serious. Make sure to do ALL of your work and turn it in on the due date or even before. If your having trouble in a class then ask the teacher and students for some help. I would say to talk with the guidance counselor on a regular basis to determine if you are on the right track. Make sure you are preparing yourself for your college career by taking as many AP classes as available. Stay on track and get yourself into good study habits.

Somebody that isn't serious about getting an education.

The parking lots are always so full you have a hard time finding a space.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to get a job. Even though I am going to a community college, it is still hard to pay for college for someone who never had a job. Also, having a job in high school would have taught me better time management. Time Management is key in college. Being a full time student and having a job keeps me quite busy. I wish I could go back in time to give myself advice on time management, staying organized, being fiscally responsible, and growing up.

The worst thing about Mott Community College is the advisors. They have not been a help to me when choosing my courses and helping me figure out what will transfer to a university of my choice. I have been on my own figuring out what needs to be done even though I have gone to an advisor for help.

The most frustrating thing about Mott Community College is that it is not as challenging as I would like. The course I have taken so far have been really easy. It is also frustrating that the honors courses available aren't any that I would like to or am required to take.

Matthew

If I can go back in time as a senior in high school, I would have sat myself down and listen very closely. The first thing I would say to myself is that the government will not pay for your education and listen to the teachers that tries to convince on going to a local community college. The journey on getting your bachelors could've been shorter and saving a lot of money on the way. You will go to two different school before recieving your Assoicate degree in 2008. Even though, you will seem behind from your peers that has recieved their Bachelors degree. The important part is not what age you recieved it but the journey of hard work that means a lot more than not working hard for it. Find a school that is a reasonable price and cherish the education you get from it even though it wasn't your first choice of a school that you wanted to go too. I would advice you not to go to Iowa State because you would ended up not getting the loan for a second year and another year of disappointment. Overall, do not give up!

Danielle

I would tell myself to actually apply myself in high school, and would inform my self to take advantage of every opportunity for assistance. I am very hard working, focused, and disaplined so I would just encourage my self to keep up the hard work. I am also a single mother so I would encourage myself to try and take some college courses while I was still in high school.

It is extremly difficult to find parking, and most of the time people are not very caring!

Definately a thick skined individual.

An educational experiance for the community to benefit from.

An educational experiance for the community to benefit from.

My senior year of high school had only one meaning to me, freedom. It was not having a curfew, not listening to my parents, or anyone else. Looking back I wish I had listened to those people that said it was just the beginning. Like so many others I slacked off my freshman year and eventually got kicked out. After taking some time off and figuring out my goals that today if I could go back I would change everything. I would tell myself that college isn?t a party it?s about learning and expanding your goals in life. Save your money things get expensive when you?re the only one paying for college, and getting financial aid is hard when your parents make too much. Try not to buy books at the book store, look around for books from other students and online. Most of all I would tell myself not to get overwhelmed, have fun and learn what you can don?t get discouraged. So much advice that I know I wouldn?t have listen to because I was the young and ignorant girl looking for that freedom that I now know is found within your knowledge.

There are only one type of person that shouldn't attend this school and that is those that don't have the dedication to a higher education. Mott is a college that gives the opportunity for everyone in the community and even outside the community to reach their goals in life and without the dedication why pay for something that your not gainning the knowledge that is being handed to you?

Mott Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.