Murray State University

« See more reviews of Murray State University

The people at my school are so much fun. We only have 10,00+ students, so it's not the biggest. But people here are so friendly. It's so easy to make friends. And if you don't know where to start, there is always so much going on at the school that it's nearly impossible to not make friends, if you just go out and be active in the school life. The school itself goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is connected to someone in some way. It's like we are one huge family.

My classmates are great! well i don't get the chance to know each one very well due to the amount of students in each class. However, it is alot different than highschool. In fact, it is better. My classmates are mature adults who come to class because they want to succeed in college and in the future. They are responsible and take notes. If help is needed i can easily obtain it through one of them. No one forces them to come to class, so i know that they actually want to.

LGBT is very accepting and open. I have not seen a lot of harassment from other groups, which is surprising since it is such a religious town. There is a group called Chris Ambassadors which is very open to letting people join and Baptist Campus Ministry (BCM) which has gained a lot of popularity over the past few years. A lot of people are very open-minded and accepting in town. There is a personality to fit anyone's profile as a "friend".

Murray State University prides itself on the diversity of its student body. We have a very active Gay-Straight Alliance Group, several church services right on campus, and a vibrant International student community. There are also active groups for both democratic and republican parties, so everyone can have a chance to express themselves and meet other people with similar goals and ideals.

There are a wide variety of students at MSU. When going to class, most students dress casual and in sweats or jeans and tshirts. Many students are from surrounding areas in Kentucky, but there are also many students from out of state. I do not think any student would feel out of place because theres a wide range of students whether that be racially, religiously, or just in interests.

My fellow students are inquizitive & helpfull, they understand there are No stupid questions. With me being generally the eldest in the class I am usally outdated in my talents, yet the other students are readily available to assist me. Thank God for the younger students and their ability to navigate the computer, with out them I would have given up.

In my classes a lot of my classmates are very driven. They are striving for experiences that will help them in their future endeavors and they are looking for anything that will help them learn the information presented in class. They are very passionate and willing to help people who are going through classes that they have completed.

My classmates are very friendly! One of the first things I noticed about the university is that students and faculty members will always take the time to ask how you are doing. Students are very accepting and willing to help in the classroom setting. This includes sharing notes and forming study groups.

My classmates are and have always been great. Classmates and students at Murray State University are some of the most supportive individuals i've ever got the chance to meet. Everyone seem to want the best for the next person and that's exactly what i seek in classmates.

Always fun to work with. Each student usually hold up their responsibilites and there's usually no problems. Since it is a small town, usually everyone knows everyone already in the classroom - and if they don't, everyone is friendly enough to get to know.