Murray State University

« See more reviews of Murray State University

Being a music major, I tend to brag about our music department. We have many esteemed musicians and educators teaching our music students. Music education is the main focus here, but their is also music performance and music business. The professors all have plenty of experience in their field, and teach us from that as well as through the textbook, syllabus, etc. We have especially talented chamber ensembles that often travel to conventions and competitions. I especially enjoy the small class sizes, encouraging more one-on-one instruction and really connecting the students and instructors.

Even though I am an "out-of-state" student my tuition is at regional cost because I live in a county that borders Kentucky. Murray State University is only three hours away from my home which is nice because I can visit family and friends during the holidays. The campus is beautiful and has a country-like atmosphere making me feel at home. Murray State University has a large enough student population that you can meet new people everyday and at the same time has an exceedingly friendly environment to feel safe when living on campus or near campus.

After attending Murray State for three years, I have nothing but good things to tell others about my school. I am exceedingly proud to say that I attend MSU and am constantly extoling the many agricultural and business programs that I am a part of. Everyone is astonished by the massive farm facilities we have, as well as how caring the faculty and staff are. I also like to tell them how affordable it was and how often we are able to give back to the community and surrounding areas. I have found an overall excellent experience.

It's a very, very friendly small town with lots of nice people who would go out of their way to help college students. When the Ice Storm of 2009 happened, my room-mate immediately contacted her grandparents and told me to pack my things to go to their house with her, even though her and I haven't known each other for very long nor were we good friends. That's just how hospitable people are here. Also, one time I lost my wallet on campus and a maintenance worker found it and tracked me down to return it.

I talk about the Sorority I joined my freshman year, It was the best decision I made. I was never the "Sorority Girl" growing up and I thought it would be a good idea to join and make friends since I went to Murray not knowing anyone. Since then I have met my best friends, roommates, girls that I would be there for and I know they would do the same. I know I have made life long friends by joining my sorority. My sorority has helped me do better in classes, social, and becoming the woman I have became.

I brag the most about the large lakes that are not too far away from campus. I also brag that my school has a very quiet and sirene feel no matter where you go on campus. For my more adventurous friends I tell them about its geographical location that it is within an hour of atleast four different cities for exploration. For my friends that have to have 5 star Hotel Accomidations everywhere they go I tell them about the two brand spankin new residential dorms built within the last 2 years.

I probably brag the most about the size of the university, class sizes, and professor envolvement. I hear too many complaints from my friends at other schools, saying that they're just a number in giant classes. At Murray, you'll walk to class (everything is in walking distance) and definitely know a few of the people you pass, but not necessarily everyone, which makes for awesome opportunities to meet new people, without feeling trapped in a tiny OR overwhelmingly populated school.

When i tell my friends about Murray, i speak of how much i love. It has a great community. It is small and structured to help each individual students succeed. All my proffesors care for my success. Murray has a high-ranking education program. They help me every step of the way to becoming a great teacher. The people here, while very country compared to my home-town are fun and kind. I enjoy Murray tremendously. I am glad i chose it as my college to attend.

I brag the most about the fact that Murray is the friendliest town. Coming from a big city, it is nice to have strangers smile and say hello. It is nice to hear that other people that you don't know care about how you are doing and are willing to help if you need assistance. With those types of people living in the community, it spreads to the campus. Everyone around campus is going to say hello and ask about your day. It is a truley comforting feeling.

Although Murray is small, the community stands behind the university 100%. As an athlete, they are our biggest supporters, as an active member of Alpha Delta Pi, they admire our drive to better others, and as a student, they push us to excell things we never thought we could. Murray wasn't voted America's Friendliest Town last year for nothing! With my family and close friends so far away, it's nice to have a home away from home here in Murray, KY.