Murray State University

« See more reviews of Murray State University

There are too many core classes that we have to take before we can ever get into taking the classes we want. There is no time to experience other fields before really making an educated decision on what you want to do with your life.

The worst thing about Murray State University is that they don't have a smokeing ban. It ruins my day when I have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to my classes. I understand that people smoke, I wish we had a smokeing zone.

Alot of people come from the surrounding areas, so they go home more often than staying for the weekend. Also, some tend to stay in their high school friend groups instead of branching out and meeting new people.

The worst thing about this school would be the parking/crosswalk problem we are facing currently. This school is growing due to its success. Once this minor issue is fixed a problem wouldn't come to mind.

The cost of a meal in the dining hall. It costs 9.00 dollars for one meal. I only have so much on my meal plan, so I have to be careful about the number of times I eat at the dining hall.

There is only one dining hall. It is sometimes difficult to eat lunch during the days because there is not enough time to go to the dining hall and everyone gets tired of the same food.

There are very limited graduate degrees. Mostly masters but no PhD degrees. If you plan on furthering your education like me, you will most likely have to look elsewhere for that.

I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say about Murray State. I have lived in this town for 10 years now and all I have ever noticed was how family friendly the school is.

The worst thing about Murray State University is also the same thing I loved about it, being so small. It almost turns into high school because everyone knows everyone.

That it requires incoming freshman and sophmores to stay at on-campus housing. While there are exemptions I believe that at the most, only freshman should be required.