New Jersey Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of New Jersey Institute of Technology

The only thing I think that my school is not doing right , is the cost of tuition its over board. The prices are going higher than usual. They should have more scholarships for student who are trying to do something good in there lifes but dont have a high gpa they should offer more help to students that have low income and are not residents of the United States. They're making those students drop there career, working in warehouses and factory, cause they cant successed in life. Students need more support and need to be taken more in consideration.

The worst thing about NJIT is the social community lacking in its interaction. If there was more active in school spirit, it would be more engaging and encourage the students that are already registered in the school to be more optimistic about wandering the campus. One thing I've noticed about wandering NJIT in the passed couple of years I've spent here is that students can also be more open to each other as opposed to the secluded and closed off groups they've created amongst the variety of ethinic groups available.

There is too much schoolwork. But anywhere you go, engineering and the math and sciences are always difficult majors. On top of the majors being difficult, many are striving for a good GPA. You will find many people here to be stressed out with a lot of work and with little free time on their hands. The social life isn't the best either, but that is because we students do not have the time to invest in social activities.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that almost nobody stays on campus for the weekends, since it is such a large commuter school. This almost forces one to either go home oneself, or to have a boring time studying straight through the weekend for a quiz one very likely has on Monday of the next week.

The worst thing about NJIT is that, since it used to be an all-mens college before, floors of certain buildings have only one womens bathroom on the whole floor and 2 mens. Depending on what side of the building you are, the women sometimes have to walk to the other side in order to get to the bathroom.

That the faculty and staff don't care about the students. They care about their paychecks way more than how they treat the students. The staff would, and have, make the general student life on campus a little harder for students if it saved money for them so they don't have to lower saleries.

I believe the worst thing about my school is the uneven number of girls to boys. The majority of the population of students in my school are males. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable attending a school dominated by males. It is just one of those things where one has to get used to.

NJIT is a large commuter school. Seventy percent of students here commute, which makes the campus dead when classes are not in session. Also, the majority of those who live on campus go home every weekend, so there are only a handful of people here.

The way of life here is terrible. There is so much focus on doing well in classes that no one has fun or lets loose. Everyone is constantly worried about their work, and in turn, the atmosphere here is very bleak and dreary.

The social life at the school is not very good at all. Part of the reason for this is that the school is located in a crime ridden region or area of new jersey that is not too safe for students to go walking around.