New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

They're driven, creative, and generally really really nice, but as progressive and forward-thinking as NYU students have a reputation to be, they can be really willfully ignorant about their own privilege.

The student body is pretty diverse. There are a lot of different groups/clubs if you are interested. Students tend to click to their own ethnic group. Students are politically predominantly left.

There is no typical NYU student: you can be in the same class with a business major, an art major, and a linguist, who all share widely different views and come from various backgrounds.

Although some of my classmates don't seem to fit into a school like NYU, their hard work ethic and level of intelligence say otherwise and in terms of competition, keeps me on my toes.

I am studying in English Major in University in Thailand. I have mamy classmates but there are only 4 people that I really close to. We always take care of each others. I love them ^^.

Classmates at NYU are all passionate for something -- that's how they got here -- and attempt to incorporate that passion into every classroom discussion (in the best way possible).

They are go-getters but they are very careful of whose toes they tred on to get where they want to go, and sometimes suffer due to the semantics/logistics/realities of their goals.

The girl in my Narrative Investigations class will one day be my lawyer, and the boy in my Business of Artist Management class, well, he'll be producing my records.

My classmates are well-cared for upper-middle class free spirits with a love for being on stage and a strong mind inside their head.

New York University students are concious of who they are and what they want without forgetting where they've come from.