New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

The financial aid offered is very limited and refuses to take many factors into account. Most of it is "need-based" but "need" is determined based upon the salary of both parents when the student begins at the school. Many students with extenuating circumstances, such as divorce, family illness, unexpected job loss, etc., end up going deep into personal debt with little or no assistance from NYU.

I suppose the only thing I find frustrating about this school is the cost of housing, although that's really an issue with New York in general. It's hard to find decent housing in the $1000/month neighborhood. NYU Housing, depending on which dorm you're in, pushes $2000/month, although they do have plenty of low-cost options in the $800/month range.

Although New York University has a large endowment, the size of the school has made it difficult to offer larger financial aid packages to students. NYU cannot meet the financial needs of all of its students. In addition, living in New York City is expensive, adding to the $50,000-plus expenses to attend the University.

The most frustrating thing about it is trying to figure out who to talk to about a certain problem. A lot of the time, I make appointments to talk to someone, only to be referred to another department who refers to me to the department I started with. There is some miscommunication as to who is in charge of what.

OEFJOqweGJOGEJighiqegojgoqhjgfoqijhefoqiqufiuqbfiuqbfuiqbfiqwfibqiufbiuqbfiqbfibwfiqfbiqubfjnkvgfbniegbvnigniEhgiQngigiaBFiABQFibfiFBiuGiGNvINIGnINVIIGNIGWIGIWGNWIGNIIWGNIGNWI(BWHINIOVHINBNWIUERNBHBGUIURWHENGINEINGUENEIWUHNFGUEHNfUEHJifQNIFhnQOEFAHNIUHNFiuQNHFIHNiQUKDLUhnUIiuqfu

New York University doesn't have a "campus" in the standard definition of a college campus. Dorms are often a good distance away from where classes are held, and often times classes are spread through-out the city making it difficult to get from place to place on time.

The price. It's hard to say that it's an investment right now, but it is. Though it is scary to think about how much everything costs, even day-to-day, I know that I am grateful for this experience, and wouldn't have been happier anywhere else.

The mmost frustrating thing about my school is that even with it being a high level institution the music creidts are only 1- 2 credits which forces you to have to take about 11 classes to stay in good academic standing with the university

My school is very isolated. I often feel isolated and stranded from opportunites. I find myself with a great deal of free time inwhich I could be working or completeing an internship, however these opportunities are not very available.

I guess you could say the competition. There's a lot of good people (especially in the film program) and you work hard, but you wonder if still have a good chance of getting a job when you get out of school.