New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

The best thing about New York University its its location in the heart of greenwhich village. It has so many internship and career opportunities that most other universities could only dream of offering. Also the classes required are very flexible and very interesting with caring professors and a strong academic program with an international reputation. Despite the universities renowned lack of campus it has an instant community feel and students feel connected, not only to one another, but to all of New York City.

The best thing about NYU is that you can achieve a small-school feeling within a big-school environment. You don't feel alone among millions of strangers, but at the same time you always get to meet new people! This is because though NYU is a huge university, always full of new people and experiences, it breaks down into smaller niches, such as your dorm, your major, your classes, and your clubs. Within these smaller groups, you make friends that you see everyday. You feel at home, yet the world is at your feet.

The best thing about my school is its diversity. In many schools is usually only one or two dominate race or ethnic groups. Yet at NYU ,students come from all around the world to a environment were it is socially acceptable to be different, to have different religious, political, economic, etc views. While at the same time time other people who may have lived very reclusive conservative lives have the chance to experience new things without necessarily being judged by the people they knew all of there lives.

The best thing about NYU is the lack of a real campus. The university is literally immersed in the city, giving students the opportunity to explore the culturally enriching community that New York City has to offer. Although there is not a traditional campus, students can feel safe walking around the city since the school offers excellent security through safety haven signs posted on restaurants and stores throughout the city as well as safety shuttle transportation and a large crew of security guards.

The best thing about my school is how diverse it is. I grew up in Idaho and I didn't see much diversity growing up. As soon as I moved to New York and attended New York University I have made so many friends from all over the world! They are so inspiring to me, and I learn so much from them and their cultural backgrounds. I love that through New York University I am able to study and learn along side all these amazing people who grew up with such different backgrounds and experiences than I did.

I went to the Gallatin School of Individualized Study at NYU, and the best thing about Gallatin that set it apart from the rest of NYU was the staff. Unlike my experience with other NYU colleges, Gallatin faculty really cared about your education. Advisors were dedicated to their advisees and teachers made themselves readily available. Classes were small and students were often able to control where the discussion went. Faculty is open to criticism and advice in how the class is run.

NYU is located in the heart of New York City. Although the tuition is high, the statement, "You get what you pay for," certainly applies to this school. The programs, courses, available internships, and knowledgeable professors, provide a great foundation in any career. A graduate of this prestigious school will be able to find a job easily since this school provides the chance to network. I have already made many connections in music business which is my course of study.

Apart from being one of the most vibrant campuses in New York, both in academia and diversity, NYU's motto “Perstare et Praestare” and physical location finalized my decision to apply. NYU is placed at the heart of NYC with no campus boundaries, which in a way resembles learning, the way it cannot be enclosed. With no boundaries of learning, NYU allows its students to grow academically while promoting cultural and individual diversity, which cannot be found anywhere else.

Well at New York University the best thing to my knowledge is the wide areas of study available. There are hundreds of majors and if you don't find a major that interests you, you can attend the Galliten School of Indivualized Study, which enables you to choose and create your own major. Besides that incredible fact, NYU provides a buisness school, education school, and even a nursing school. Whatever your choice of study, you sure will find it a New York University.

New York University. It's known for several things, but for me, the best thing is the diversity of the students there. Because each different ethnic group comes from a different culture, many cultures and viewpoints are expressed at New York University. Therefore, there are many different personalities, there is always someone to get along with, and there are a vast variety of majors offered for the many different types of requests that may be asked.