New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

The best thing that New York University would be able to offer to its students is the prestige associated with the school?s name. The thought of receiving a college diploma with the words ?New York University? appeals many incoming students and attracts numerous employers. In addition, the name would imply that the student who is accepted to the school is academically smart, thus making him or her act snobby with other students in or outside or NYU.

I love the size and scope of NYU. It is a large university that incorporates a variety of courses, majors, and professors that allow me to take very specific courses in a large number of subjects. But at the same time, it is a private school that provides small classes in which I can get one-on-one time with my professors. Finding both qualities in a college is rare, and I feel like I have learned so much more than I would have at another school.

The best thing about attending NYU is that it provides you with the ability to see the world in totality, either through what you learn in the classroom or by sending you to a site abrod to study. And while the overall experience wasn't all flowers and sunshine, it was a unique learning environment that heavily encouraged achievement and I strongly doubt that I would've been able to receive such an experience anywhere else in the world.

The best thing about my school is the city. Being a student at NYU means having easy access to any resource, attraction, or opportunity you desire. It's necessary to find a balance between all of your obligations, but it's difficult to be bored here. It's also great knowing that you attend a school with renowned faculty and facilities. Although it costs a pretty penny to attent NYU, you will receive a quality education.

Although NYU has many great aspects, I consider the study abroad program the best thing that NYU has to offer because it is so unique. No other American university has campuses on all 6 continents! This opportunity to study abroad anywhere in the world allows you to gain new perspectives and make the world your home. Employers look to hire people who are well-traveled and understand different kinds of people and cultures.

Its location certainly stands out-- New York City is such a culturally diverse and historic place! You have access to thousands of opportunities, whether they be for entertainment or education. There are plenty of museums, landmarks, parks,theaters, internships, crazy clubs, parties, concerts, restaurants, clothing stores, and anything else you could ever possibly want within walking distance. It's awesome.

The best thing, absolutely, is New York itself; you can't go here if you don't love this city. The second best thing is the trust the school has in its students, the freedom they are granted to do their own thing, design their own major. At this school, I've really felt like the only person who'd hold me back would be myself; if I believed I could accomplish something, the school was 100% behind me.

The best thing about my school is the location. Being on a college campus in the belly of Manhattan really builds my experience. I am forced to make more adult decisions about money, safety and my personal wellbeing. I am exposed to countless cultures, which expands my tolerance and knowledge of others. Being from a small town, I can personally appreciate the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.

I love many of the professors that teach here - they are well known experts in their field, some of them even happen to be good teachers on top of that. I love the wide variety of resources available to students - the library is amazing, for instance, and countless extra-curricular activities and advisement opportunities are offered. On top of that, the location could not be better.

Being in the heart of New York City is the best thing. There is so much culture and learning to be done outside of the classroom. The experience is really unlike any other. That and students really learn how to be an individual and self-reliant to an extent in a way that is hard to find and develop on closed college campuses. New York City is our play ground.