North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

I do not like a lot of those types of groups because they are very close minded. I do not think anybody would feel out of place at nc state, we are very diverse. A lot of people wear comfty clothes to class. Everybody interacts with everybody! A lot of student that eat in the dining hall just eat with a few friends or their roommate. NCSU students are from everywhere around the country mostly south east though. Financial backgrounds are diverse as well. Most students are politically aware and active.

My experiences have all been good. No student would feel left out here. Most students wear sweat suits or jeans and a sweat shirt to class. Yes diff. types of students interact. I don't understand the 4 table thing and don't know where most the students are from...NC I guess. Rich people do attend here but I don't think their most prevalent, I would have to say middle-class. Students are politically aware,but not as much as they could be. No students dont talk about how much they will earn one day.

The student body at NCSU is very diverse. Because many different types of people attend State i don't think that anyone would ever feel out of place. I would probably say that the majority of NCSU students are from North Carolina and surrounding states such as Virginia, South Carolina etc. It would be hard for me to say about the political side of State students, i myself lean towards the right, but i would guess that the majority or ether somewhere in the middle or lean to the left.

The only problem I have with religion on campus in the men in the brickyard. While I know they are not affiliated with NCSU, I feel that they try to divide our campus. Religion is important to many students here, but many do not agree with what these men are saying. I do not think that any student would feel out of place at NCSU. We have organizations for any ethnicity or gender. NCSU really makes an effort to make everyone feel comfortable.

Very diverse, but most students are from within North Carolina. There's always the occasional student from out of state, and we're always like "so, why did you choose State?" . It probably gets annoying to them. There are a lot of middle easterners in the engineering department, but that program isss internationally known. I wouldn't say there is a predominant political influence here. All different types of students interact.

NCSU is a very diverse campus and I think for the most part everybody gets along. Students wear whatever they want to class, cute little sundresses to comfortable sweats or pajamas. Different types of students do interact because of the constant contact that come in. Most NCSU students are from North Carolina and rural areas. There are some very politically aware students but not as much as at other schools.

I have no problem with the different support groups around campus. Some people feel they're unnecessary, but I think it's a great idea. The campus is big enough and there are so many different people that virtually no one would feel out of place. It might take some time to find the right group, but I'm sure it's there. Most students are from parts of NC, but there are a good number that are from out of state.

A lot of people I have met here come from smaller towns or less diverse areas. I am glad that NC State provides a diverse campus because although my high school and home town was extremely diverse, I think others need to be exposed to diversity in college especially if they were not at home. Diversity is a good thing to have on a college campus because it brings different perspectives to the table.

The student body here is very family-like with a relaxed atmosphere, despite being the largest college in the state. Unless someone is late, there's a good chance that they'd be willing to stop and talk. Politically, NC State is one of the rare conservative-leaning colleges. We have more moderates and republicans than most other universities, but there is still plenty of liberal activity as well.

Being a part of the Wolfpack is an honor for all members. Our student body is very diverse, giving students the chance to learn about a variety of different lifestyles and opinions. All different kinds of students interact & often become friends after meeting in classes or even in their dorms. If you're yourself and nothing else, you'll fit in great as a part of the pack!