North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

My classmates are highly educated, highly motivated, highly creative critical thinkers. There is an abundance of school spirit and pride. The upper classmen are welcoming and helpful as I begin my journey at NC State. Their assistance while moving into my dorm room was invaluable and their guidance as I maneuver around the campus has been a great help. All in all, they have made me feel very welcome, safe, and secure in my new environment.

I had the most amazing classmates in college. Since we were often in the studio working on deadlines until the wee hours of the morning, we became as close as family. I've never been around another group of people as inspiring and encouraging as those classmates. Now, they live all over the country working in prestigious design positions, and I'm so proud to see the work they do and know that we all share the same alma mater.

There are a variety of people. There are the extreme geniuses taking biochem and such. Then there are a lot of farming people walking in camo and overalls. Then there are artsy people from the design school and the animal science majors are a completely different group. Each one is distinguished in their own way, and you can tell people apart, but everyone gets along and helps each other out in general ed courses.

I think that there is a variety of all kinds of students at my school. There are those who are cowboys, or more agriculturally focused, but there are also those who are in sororities and frats. The financial backgrounds of all the students vary greatly as do the religious and political views. One main thing that it seems that most of the students on this campus are a part of is being more environmentally conscious.

A room of classmates is very diverse. There's younger, older, taller, shorter, and all kinds of people. These people come in different races, different religons, different backgrounds, and different parts of the world. They all are nice and in the same boat; just trying to get through college. Classmates will open your eyes and see the world differently from experiencing their culture.

One of the most wonderful aspelcts of NC State is it's diversity. When we say we have a diverse campus, we most certainly mean it. There are organizations for just about any groups and interests you can think of. For example, the religious groups, such as the Christian Fellowship, the Jewish Hillal, and the Muslim Students Association, get together and plan may interfaith events.

It is impossible to describe a “typical” student at NC State. Our campus is so diverse with students from every background imaginable. There are student organizations that appeal to students with different cultural, religious and political interests. In addition there are events and organizations that bring everyone together. This diversity is what makes our school so great.

My classmates are very diversified in one sense, as the classrooms of 250+ students may include students from as far away as India to the kid who lives next door to the campus; yet many have similar interests to mine of agriculture and life sciences- and personalities and social interests are extremely varied from fraternity brothers to farmers.

NCState is extremely diverse, there is no "typical" NCState student that can be classified by race, religion, LGBT, etc. we have a very active LGBT program along with a leadership and community service department. they both run events on campus, there is no way that different types of students couldn't interact at a school of 34,000 students

There's a new LGBT center on campus, which I think is awesome. I don't think anyone would feel out of place here because there's agriculture, english, engineering, you name it. There are Greeks, musicians, Campus Crusade, service organizations. most students are from North Carolina, but as a Virginian, I absolutely love it.