North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

The uniqueness of my school consists of its offerings of clubs, activities, community service, etc. to involve each student..offering something for everyone. NCSU houses eight colleges within the university, so that a student is part of a smaller community and college, but also a part of a large university; one which also reaches out nationally and internationally. Through any club or extracurricular activity involvement, students are made aware of employment, internship, research, and even scholarship and grant opportunities. I have taken advantage of all the school offers, from resume/application assistance to internships to biotechnology research. BACK the PACK!!!

Some unique aspects of my school are that it's always working towards the greater good of communities outside itself. We're very into agriculture providing the campus with farmers markets, we make our own ice cream and distribute it, we're thinking of methods to provide "greener" means of transportation by using cleaner gas on our transit buses and allowing students or anyone who needs a ride on campus free of charge. Not only that but students can express their feelins and advertise happenings on campus via our Free Expression Tunnel. Most other schools don't have that.

The main reason as to why I accepted NC State was because of the seemingly endless possibilities. The other schools I applied to had outstanding schools for science and medicine, my field of interest, but NC State is known for its location in the Research Triangle area. Here, I knew many research opportunities were available and close at hand in addition to a great educational program. Also, I was invited into their University Scholars Program, a cultural, leadership and study-abroad program that no other college I had applied to entailed.

We are the almight Wolfpack!! North Carolina State University has always been deep and dear to my heart becasue I want to be a Veterinarina, and oce I found out NC State was the best college in North Carolina for Veterinary Medicine, I had to be there. If I have the opportunity to go to the best, I wan to be at the best. The academics at NC State are outstanding and so are the extra-curriculer activites. Coming from a smaller school, and transfering to NC State, the change is huge. So is the campus and opportunities for everyone.

NC State is uniquely different from other schools in our area because it is the dominant school that students who wish to major in engineering attend. Chapel Hill and Duke university who are located close to our campus are well known schools of medicine. Also there are other surrounding schools in which students attend to receive medical degrees. Students who attend state are enrolled primarily because of their engineering program, their agriculture program and they also have a veterinary program that is higly rated.

I like state. I wish we were better at sports, that is a shame. I think Hillsborough street is horrible and the parking situation should be addressed. I wish that on campus activites were promoted more, so the students would actually know about that. I also would like to see more proffesors teaching classes than TA's that really don't seem to know what is going on. In comparison to UNCW , the teachers are far more superior there than there are here. Which is sad because we are suspose to be higher academic wise.

The overall atmosphere at NC State is amazing, and it creates a feeling of togetherness around the school. When I first toured NC State, I fell in love with the campus, the more I walked around the more I felt like I belonged here. Even now, well into the first semester, that feeling hasn't changed. I think thats something unique to NC State. The students, the staff, and the faculty make you feel so at home that you don't want to leave! There is not a doubt in my mind that I picked the right school.

The thing that is unique about NC State compared to the other schools that I have considered going to is the fact that they have a very good meteorology department. Most of the other colleges did not have a good meteorology program. In fact, most of the other schools that I considered going to did not even have a meteorology department. I have always wanted to be a meteorologist since I was young. So, this was the closest school to where I live that had a great meteorology department.

North Carolina State University has one of the best engineering and mathematics departments in the state. They also allow students to take several classes in these subjects and assist in him or her in choosing the best fit for the. With a strong math backgound, I was able to pick the employment of my choice upon graduation and found that I was exceptionally prepared.

The other schools that I considered were in the mountains and had more of an artistic and earthy feel to them, but I thought I would get a more cultural experience on an urban campus. I haven't been disappointed so far. State is very academically driven but also offers a wide variety of social events that don't revolve around alcohol. That's why I like it here.