North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

This stereotype is inaccurate. While NCSU does have a strong agricultural department, it is not the only prominent academic program. NCSU also has a high ranked engineering program, textiles, and diverse liberal arts programs to choose from.

There are definitely people at State that are red-necks that drive big trucks and have confederate flags on their cars but their are people like that at alot of schools in the South. But NCSU is a diverse school just like any other.

No, a lot of people are majoring in other areas besides engineering. There are a lot of rednecks and very southern people, but there are also a lot of people who aren't. And yes, there is a higher percentage of guys that go here.

Every once in a while you'll see a farmer around campus, but really it's a small part of the university as a whole. Also, not only do you see plenty of girls around campus, but we're extremely close to two women-only colleges.

Like many other stereotypes, yes and no. I was in CHASS and found it underfunded, due to the attention that engineering and the sciences get, but the faculty in the liberal arts were outstanding.

Not completely, we do have a great agriculture school and there are some rednecks, but there is a lot more of just regular normal college kids that you would find at every school.

No. Some students are part of the agriculture and vet. department, but many students are also in the business and communications field, along with many other major departments.

NO. I personally got into Chapel Hill and was not interested in that college. I attend NCSU because of the great atmosphere here around the campus.

There are a lot of people who are rednecks or who are from the rural settings but there are also a lot of different people to.

No. Greek Life isn't as cohesive as it should be, but it's pretty good. And there are all types of students on campus.