North Carolina State University at Raleigh Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

Sometimes you end up with a teacher who you really struggle with. Almost all of my teachers have been great teachers, helpful, clear, and friendly, but occasionally you get a teach or two who cannot seem to teach anything well. Most of my teachers have been very available to me. They make a great effort to respond to e-mails, set up office hours for you to get help at, and make sure that you are understanding the material. All of my teachers have been willing to make an appointment outside of their office hours to meet if you have a schedule conflict with their existing office hours. All of my teachers have wanted to see me succeed. The only negative thing I can say is that I found it hard to adapt to the teaching styles of two or three of my teachers. Though, those teachers did try their best to help me reach an understanding of the material when I came to office hours. The school administration is very reliable. They are willing to help me achieve my goals and have been very helpful in making sure I am finding it easy to acclimate to college. My advisor has been helpful in suggesting classes to make my course load as manageable as possible while still graduating in four years with a double degree.

Jimmy

At North Carolina State University I've had all kind of professors, from those that make 75 minutes of lecture seem like 3 years and those that make an early Monday class a show of powerpoint, dramatic music and funny analogies. It depends mostly on your field of study (and your interest for the course)