North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

The most popular: groups: WITH,STAT,Alumini Association Student Ambassadors organizations: STAT, SG teams: Football,Basketball,Baseball I'm involved with Black Finesse Modeling Troupe (BFMT), a competive modeling troupe on campus that participate in neighboring competitions. Founded on May 24, 1994,Black Finesse's mission is to promote positive images of African Americans on campus by using techniques of modeling. It's dedicated to increasing its members' poise, personality, and confidence. As a member of Black Finesse, you are not only a model. You're part of a team, a family. BFMT brings more to the stage than common runway walking. Students usually always leave their doors open. Being an ACC school, athletic events are extremely important. If I'm awake at 2am on a Tuesday, I'm most likely at the library studying for my 8am class. Traditions that happen each year are: Taste of NC State, Homecoming Parade, Wear Red, Get Fed, Native American Pow Wow, Pan-Afrikan Festival, Wolfpack Welcome Week, Shack-A-Thon, Red Bell Tower(where the bell tower is lit upred, when we win games), and Ultimate All-Night Bash. People party Wed-Sun. It all depends on the person; greek life can be very important. Last weekend I went to a pool party. On a Saturday, there's always a house party, themed club event, or just the movies (Campus Theatre) to go to, in which you don't have to drink.

The most popular groups are the athletics teams, greek life and then various major based organizations. It depends on how social the student is if they leave their door open or not. Major athletic events, ie. football, basketball, and baseball, are very popular, the smaller sports...not so much. Guest speakers and theater are not very popular. I met my closest friends through who I roomed with my freshman and sophomore year but I feel that my friends from home are more my best friends than anybody I've met at college. If I'm awake at 2am on Tuesday, I'm either studying, with my boyfriend, or playing on facebook. There are traditions such as Ram Roast before the Carolina games, parents' weekend, homecoming, dance marathon, and others. You can always find a group partying at least every weekend. Greek life is popular but it is not a huge thing on campus. Last weekend I studied and played in a catch phrase tournament. On Saturday nights you can go to the movies, hang out with friends, play catch phrase, ha, go bowling or ice skating.

i am involved with a sorority here on campus. it is something that i joined when i was a sophomore as a freshman. i think at ncsu greek life has been stigmatized into something that is horrible but in reality those that are involved with greek life have given more back to the community than your average college student. as for the dorms, i haven't lived in a dorm since my freshman year and even then i didn't live in your typical dorm. we did not leave our doors open because i lived at avent ferry so if our door was open, it was open to the outside and a complete stranger from the street could walk into our room unannounced. i feel that athletic events are extremely popular at ncsu, especially when the teams are doing well. i've met my closest friends through living in the dorm my freshman year as well as through my sorority. one of my closest friends is still my roommate from freshman year who did not join a sorority and we are still just as close as we were freshman year.

In college, although academics come first, having a social life is very important. Greek life is a large part of our campus, but it doesn't necessarily run things. If you aren't in a fraternity or sorority, it doesn't mean you won't be able to socialize just as often. There's almost always a party, except during exams. You just have to find your balance of how much partying you can take. You'll learn that you don't have to go to every party. If you need to stay in your room or the library that night to study, don't go party. That's the number one thing some college students tend to forget. If you like going out, but prefer not to drink, don't feel pressured. In college, people aren't concerned about you & what you're doing and the majority of people won't try to make you drink. However, if you would rather not go to a party where there is drinking, there are plenty of people who like to just hang out back at the dorms or go to a movie or the mall.

Sororities and Fraternities are big on campus. I am involved with the Chi Omega sorority and it is amazing, they help keep your grades in check and still be able to go out with your friends/"sisters". I've noticed that people that live in a suite style dorm they leave their doors unlocked for short amounts of time. People that live in hall style dorms they lock their dorms everytime they leave their room. Basketball and football are big. My closest friends are my roomate, Chi O sisters, and people that i knew prior to college. My boyfriend i met before college as well but i know the dating scene is big and very open. I am normally awake at 2 am every morning and i am normally out with a few friends. Before big games we have pep rallies like before state plays unc. People party at least on the weekends. Last weekend i stayed with my boyfriend and went out to a few parties. I eat off campus and travel.

There are a lot of sports teams and not a huge amount, but an ok sized greek life. I'm involved in a sorority. Students leave their doors open all the time. Athletic events like football and basketball are really popular, but others are attended as well. I met my closest friends in my dorm and through my sorority. Probably studying or hooked on some random tv show. There are different traditions around sporting events like the ram roast and homecoming. People's partying habits very, some every night, some just weekends, and some never or rarely. Greek life isn't that important around campus compared to its prevalence on some campuses. Went home. There's plenty of stuff to do around campus, there's movies, dinner, downtown, etc. Downtown is really fun.

we have sororities and fraternities but i think only about 13% of students are in them. but there are hundreds of clubs and teams to be on. intramurals are really fun and easy to get into. football and basketball games are very popular, but we also like to support the "non-revenue raising" teams. i went to every swim meet this season. there are more guys here because of engineering and agriculture so the odds are in my favor. its easy to date here. lots of events going on and fun restaurants in walking distance on hillsborough street. most students do leave their doors open in the dorms. 2am on a tues. im either drinking, watching a movie with a date, on facebook, or finishing up homework.

I am not sure if there are any "popular" organizations on campus. It is too large to have something that is popular. I lived in a suite-style dorm my first year. To tell the truth suite style is like gambling. If you get good suitemates you will have the best time of your life. If not, it is a very awkward situation. I was not lucky enough to have many good suitemates and am choosing to live on a hall next year. Athletic events are really popular. I meet my closest friends in my suite, engineering classes, and through other friends. There is always a party to go to. On Saturday nights I usually hang out with my friends at the movies, go shopping, or go out dancing.

The most popular are WISE, Cheerleading, Football, and Basketball. Cheerleading is year round b/c we cheer for football and basketball. We practice 3 times a week and workout twice a week. No students don't leave their dorm rooms open.Athletic events are sooooo popular. The others are not so much. Dating seen is good I guess. I met them through classes taken together and Wise. I would be studying at 2am and thats it. People party all the time. Fraternities/sororities are really important. Last weekend I studied and visted my g-ma ans hung out w/ my boyfriend.On a Sat. night you can go to the movies, shopping, out to eat, nonalcoholic parties. I go home when off campus.

The most popular organizations on campus would probably have to be greek life. I myself and a member of Sigma Kappa Sorority. The students who live in dorms definitely do not leave their doors open. Athletic events are enormously popular, especially football games with all the tailgates. If i am awake at 2am on a Tuesday, i am probably about to leave the bar. I would say that people party alot at State, probably up to 4 or 5 times a week, especially when school begins. If you dont want to drink on a Saturday you can go see a dollar movie and the student cinema! Off campus i do alot. Since i am from Raleigh i go shopping alot and eat dinner downtown and in town.