North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

There are sororities and fraternities, but they're not too big of a deal at NCSU. Football games are usually sold out, very rowdy and fun. There seem to be guest speakers every week for my major, not sure about all the others... There's always multiple parties going on on Friday and Saturday nights in each apartment complex off campus, and it's not uncommon for people to party in the middle of the week too. I heard that people leave their dorm rooms open, never stayed in the dorms myself...

The most popular groups or organizations at NCSU would be the athletic teams, as the events are very popular. There is a Greek scene, but it is not overwhelming as the majority of students are not in sororities or fraternities. There are many cultural events and movies that popular at NCSU taking place in Witherspoon campus cinema. While you would have no problem finding a party on any given night, the most popular nights to go out are Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

I think the most popular organizations on campus are: Greek Life and Campus Crusade. I am invovled with a sorority and I am thrilled with the support of Greek Life at the moment. Even non-greeks are getting involved with Greek Life and helping memebers with their phillanthropies. I met my closest friends through my sorority and get excited each year for Greek Week and other panhellenic events.

I joined an archery club that was just resurrected. Apparently it was pretty big and successful back in the glory days. We may get it going again, and we may not. I think that's typical of most organizations - they're not as good as they used to be. The athletic events, guest speakers, and theater are usually pretty decent, though.

I am in Chi Omega. Being a part of a sorority has greatly improved my college experience. It is not just social. It has played a role in encouraging scholarship and involvement in my community through service. I believe I am more well rounded as a result of my experience with the sorority.

Since the school is so big, the social life is great. Whatever your crowd is, you can definitely find here. If you like partying there are lots of parties. If you like to play video games there are lots of LAN parties. The list could go on. The guy to girl population is about 50/50.

The most popular groups would probably have to be greek life and sports. Athletic events are very popular, and would probably be more so if our teams were better. Basketball and football are the main games to go to, but there's also baseball, softball, soccer, etc.

There are sooooooo many activities to get involved in. Christian organizations, greek life is huge, guest speakers. People party a lot, but it all depends on who you want to be. Not everyone goes out at night, and that is true for any college.

There so many things to get involved in at NC State. There is a place for everyone to fit in and something for everyone to do on the weekends.

campus crusades and frats and sororities im involved in a sority and i love it.