North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

In some degree tracks you are one of many and are considered just "a number" instead of a student. Its better to be in a smaller college so that your class size is smaller and your teachers know you personally and by name.

The dining places on campus each close at a different time and it is difficult to keep up with. I have walked 20 minutes to eat at a particular dining possiblity on campus, only to find it closed at 5:00 in the afternoon.

My school can seem really, really big and can cause a person to feel very smell and alone. It takes effort to find the right niche for you on campus. It's harder to make friends in larger classes and large clubs.

In large science classes, it seems like the professors have to walk on eggshells about what they can or cannot say when it comes to evolution, etc. There are too many conservative, close-minded students.

The arts don't have much priority here. The Design school feels like a separate entity from the rest of the university. Most of the emphasis is placed on engineering or other 'practical' majors.

The massive size. Walking to classes takes a substantial amount of time. Campus transportation is available through busing, but I don't always have time to wait at the bus stop to get to class.

My school is working to become more multiculturally competent; however, I feel that we still have some work to do in terms of bringing our students together. We are on the right path though.

If you apply to live on campus and then change your mind, for reasons through fault of your own or the administration, you will still be charged a $200 housing cancellation fee.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the walk to class. It can be very long depending on what class you have. It's especially annoying when the weather is bad.

The campus is pretty spread out and not very pedestrian friendly. On main campus there usually isn't a lot of vehicle traffic, so that makes things easier.