North Dakota State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of North Dakota State University-Main Campus

Well the students here are very diverse, personally I don't think that many people could feel out of place here. There are so many things to be involved in as I said earlier and even if that is not your thing there are many places on campus for you to be if you don't want to be around the others. When I walk on campus, I see people dressed in mostly sweats. A lot of others just wear jeans or even pajamas. If you are like me I like to dress up every day, or at least most days :) However, there is also a good bunch of students who wear Bison pride wear everyday also.

North Dakota State University attracted all types of people. My best friend came from Massachusetts because NDSU had a four year veteranarian technician. I attended college with peers who graduated from a class of 9 and some that graduated from a high school class of over 700 people. I was exposed to many different cultures, lifestyles, and beliefs. I know that North Dakota State University might seem homogenized, but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't the case at all.

Being an out of state student can be difficult for most to adapt to and find a great group people to surround yourself with. I felt like everyone that I had met on campus was very welcoming and friendly and all looking to make new friends. The people I surround myself with are all high achievers, like myself and like to further there experiences through campus invovlement.

While NDSU's campus is fairly large, the students that attend this university are friendly, welcoming, and very religious. They make it a point to welcome any new student into the Bison family and help them make the transition into college life. During times of crisis, the students rally together with open arms to offer support to anyone who needs it.

My classmates are all pretty accepting. I enjoy their company and it is great having people to share the challenges of our architecture class assignments. People I don't share classes with, but live in the same residence hall with are all quite fun. They are always finding something to do as a group and enjoy everyone's company.

The students in my program are dedicated and determined. Not to say we do not have our share of fun but everyone seems to understand that class comes first which makes NDSU a wonderful place to learn and explore new things.

As a non-traditional student I do not have much interaction with my classmates, but for the most part they seem to be motivated and focused students who exhibit a great deal of school spirit.

In the smaller classes, such as 20-30 students you really connect with fellow classmates because most of them happen to be in your major, so you form friendships to help each other out.

In the large classrooms my classmates are more quite and are not as friendly, but in my small classes people interact more and you get to meet new people which is always a plus!

My classmates are hard working, encouraging, caring and passionate people when it comes to both their social lives and school work, as well as out-of class related work.