North Dakota State University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of North Dakota State University-Main Campus

The disadvantages of my school are divided between its relatively unknown reputation, and the extreme weather. Because of the widely known University of North Dakota, the school I attend is somewhat overlooked, a disadvantage when looking for a career after my education. Also, the extreme cold and windy conditions have some risk involved. The ice and snow increase the chances of accidents and health problems. However, an experience that is difficult to overcome is usually advantageous in the long run.

I really felt ripped off when it came to paying for books and other expenses. They sell the books at a certain price and buy them back for about a tenth of what they were sold for. Then they sell them for the same price as they did before. Also, they conveniently lost an email I sent them about canceling a meal plan. I ended up having to pay a $50 late cancellation fee. The professors do not answer emails either, especially when I'm trying to find information about future classes I want to enroll in.

The worst thing about North Dakota State University has to be it's parking. We have to pay hourly to park on-campus throughout the day, and there aren't many areas to park that are centrally located. Commuters either have to park a few blocks from the main campus, or pay 2 dollars an hour to park in a parking lot that is close by the academic buildings. Along with the terrible parking, if your caught with an expired time card, you will receive a ticket for $20 dollars.

The worst part about the school is the amount scholarship money that is spent on athletics compared to other majors. For example, over half of the football team and over half of the basketball teams receive full-ride tuition for four years if they come and play. However, scholarships for academics is low. There are many talented and smart people who do not play a sport; unfortunately, they do not get the scholarship recognition as an athlete.

The worst thing about NDSU is that we are in finacial burden. We have spent an excessive amount of money building new buildings that may not have been necessary when so many of the existing buildings are in desperate need of repair. The dorms are very old and many things need to be fixed. Sometimes it seems like they would rather spend money on athletics than spend money to benefit all the students.

I find that the class sizes are often times too big. This makes communicating with the proffessors very difficult when more help is needed or if you just need to discuss a matter with them. I would not say that they are unreasonable and will never meet with their students, it is just the the amount of students they see on a daily basis can overwhelm them.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of availability of programs. Since it isn't a really large college (although it it decent-sized) it may not have everything that some people are looking for. However, it still offers many great programs and opportunities for students with what it currently has.

Since I have to choose what the worst thing is about my school, I have to say that the worst thing about NDSU is that in the winter the temperatures get really, really cold. I wish we had more tunnels, but it is nice that we have tunnels from the High Rise residence halls to the West dinning center.

My college experience while attending North Dakota State University was great. The only thing I would consider the worst thing about NDSU is the distance to walk between each class. The campus is continually growing and expanding making it difficult to find a parking spot close to where I had class.

I find the weather a bit unpredictable and rather cold. Though it does not lend to much disatifaction within itself, it can be somewhat annoying with the heavy wind. Aside from the weather, the schools does not offer much space to sit and study outside from class and study rooms within the dorms.