Northern Illinois University

« See more reviews of Northern Illinois University

NIU is known for Garrett Wolfe who now plays for the Chicago Bears. Alumnis are huge contributers to the university financially. NIU is known for the Valentine's Day Shooting in 2007 where five students lost their lives and many were injured. The campus and community support one another. NIU embodies diverse backgrounds of students and faculty. NIU is a suitcase college meaning some students travel home for the weekends. There are many bars in the area, however there is a free taxi service, paid for by NIU, that will pick up and drop off students from 10pm-5am.

NIU is a comprehensive teaching and research institution with a diverse and international student body of more than 25,000. It has seven degree-granting colleges . Average class size is 28 students. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. The university is also fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education to offer teacher education programs and offers several teacher certification programs which are approved by the Illinois State Board of Education.

Although most people ay argue that our school is best known for its parties, I truly believe that our school is best known for its nursing program. Before any nursing major applies for school, they are told that northern has one of the top and most difficult programs to become accepted into. After attending this school for a semester, I realized that there arent as many parties as people made it seem, and just how lucky and priviledged I was to be accepted into such a great nursing programs as a freshman

Northern Illinois University is know for the home feeling it brings to the students and their families. A lot of students attend NIU for the proximity to home, which is why I decided to attend this school. A majority of the students come from surrounding towns, which emphasizes the home feeling. There are many stores and activities both on and off campus that provide students with the resources that they need to stay at the school over the weekends. Overall NIU is the students home away from home.

The College of Business at Northern Illinois University, is primarily what the school is best known for. Northern's College of Business was featured and nationally ranked 84th out of 139 in Businessweek's 2011 listing of best undergraduate business schools. The College of Business is also ranked 3rd nationally in the area of ethics education. It's a program that is continuing to evolve and prepare those who are entering into a business oriented career.

My school is best known for its major programs. We have a striving and hardworking nursing program. The nursing program is very competitive so we have to keep a 3.2 minimum gpa. We also have one of the best teaching university. Those who want to be teachers have a great opportunity to study because of NIU. We also have a world-class, top ranked, AACSB-accredited M.B.A. program for business majors which is highly reliable.

Business, without question. If you're serious about a business degree, look no further than NIU. Other majors have a strong presence as well, but make sure to explore all of the course listings to make sure they offer all of the classes you'd like to take, as you don't want to run out of classes that are major-related before you meet your graduation requirements.

There are numerous things that Northern Illinois University is known for. The first most like being corn and that Dekalb is the birthplace of barbed wire. Unfortunately we are also known for the shooting that happened at our university last year. When it comes to actual academics, we are also known for one of the best business programs in the country.

NIU is known best for many of it's prgrams. Some of their programs are the best amongst the country. I know for a fact that the College of Buisness is up there alone with the Accountancy program is one of the top 10 in the nation. Northern Illinois Universtity as a whole has been named one of the Best colleges in many magazines as well.

Northern Illinois University is best known for the business program, mainly accounting. There is an attached law school that is relatively well known as well. NIU has a substantial amount of parties to attend. Most people remember NIU from the February 14th, Valentine's Day, shooting that had occurred, killing five students.