Northern Illinois University

« See more reviews of Northern Illinois University

During my semester at Northern I nocticed that people are into research should attend Northern. A person who is serious about his/her education would have a great time there. A person who is interested in networking , Northern would be a great place for them. I have noticed that people who are seeking great intership oppertunties should attend as well. Students who want to advance in their career field especially business and nuring Northern is the place for them. Northern emphasizes on diversity, this allows everyone to interact with one another without feeling uncomfortable.

The individual planning to attend Northern Illinois University should show an eagerness to learn and succeed. He or she should also demonstrate a high maturity level which allows the student to function the level of a young adult in order to make crucial career choices. Lastly, the student must be motivated to take control of their educational path and utilize the resources available at Northern Illinois University to achieve their goals. These three characteristics combined would result in a worthy candidate for a quality education at Northern Illinois University.

A bold and fearless person should attend this school because it will be easy for that person to get adjusted on campus. However, it will also be beneficial for other students, students who don't network on a regular basis or students who aren't much risk takers because here at Northern Illinois University students are very friendly and chatty. I say this from my point of view because I was one of those shy students, however, Northern has changed me and allowed me to break out of my shell little by little and I'm only a Freshman here.

At NIU, we believe hard work pays off. A person looking into a college career at Northern Illinois University should be prepared to work for the grade he or she wants. NIU students also need to have good time management. There are a lot of projects, individual and group, that overlap and if you are not on top of your work load you will fall behind and have a very difficult time catching up. NIU is a friendly, socialable school; prospective students should be willing to put themselves out there to get the most out of the college.

Northern Illinois University is a wonderful college. People who are eager to learn and move forward with their life should strongly consider NIU as a choice for college. It's a great place to meet people, so someone who is looking to make friends while they learn should attend this school. There are many types of people here from different places, but everyone seems friendly and eager to meet other people as well. There are many activities, so people who like do always be active won't have a problem here.

Any kind of person as long as you have the will to make in what you are going to school for.You have to have the money to stay with out the funds they will send you home.Need a jobs and will as time to study.If you can try to save your money before you try to attent or just live off of campes.You would be ok.Most of all focose on your education.Long as you go to class and do your work you will make it and if you party and can go to class.

I think that anybody can attend school, but you have to want to. People who are determined, hard working, and patience should attend school. Being determined is just having a good state of mind when you first start off and not doubting yourself. School involves a lot of hard work, so you have to be willing to take on the challenge. And last patience is key; without patience you will not get any where in life and everything takes time.

I believe that Northern is a school for anybody. There is something there for everyone and there are so many different personalities walking around and such a diverse student body. One doesn't just learn lessons in the class, but lessons on life. Northern isn't the biggest campus, but it isn't small either, so its perfect for anyone who wants to go to a full on university without having to worry about getting lost forever!

There isn't one single type of person that should attend Northern Illinois University. NIU opens it's arms to everyone, no matter what group you were stereo-typed into, in high school or your previous schooling. Our campus allows you to start over and it allows you to be who you truly are, not what other people made you into. No matter what your personality is, as long as you can handle the cold winter, you will love NIU.

The best type of person to attend this school has to be open. They have to be willing to be open to new people, situtions, and possibilities. They have to be willing to work hard, but also take a break from studying and have some fun. Attending Northern Illinois University, or any college for that matter, is about knowing to manage your time between your studies and fun activities.