Northern Illinois University

« See more reviews of Northern Illinois University

Northern Illinois University is very diverse, with many different racial and ethnic groups. I would recommend that any person that may not be comfortable or has a strong dislike with a certain group should not attend Northern. While many of the class sizes vary, it would still be wise to assess whether you are a person that requires more in class attention from professors. Weather is also something to consider, it can be quite cold and is often very windy. I would suggest that someone who prefers warmer weather to maybe choose another school in a warmer location.

When I look around my campus, I see every different type of person you can possibly think of! We have locals, international students, urban students, rural students, you name it! Everyone is always friendly and willing to give you a hand if needed. The only type of person that shouldn't attend Northern Illinois University is someone who doesn't want to succeed, make lots of friends, learn, grow, be inspired, research any topic they desire, or find an internship or job quickly! I hope there is no one out there that fits that criteria! NIU is for EVERYONE!

NIU is very cold and snowy in the winter which makes walking to class almost unbearable sometimes so people that do not like cold weather would not like it here, a large portion of the school year the weather is not very nice. People who are looking for an easy way out should not consider NIU many of the program require very high GPA's that seem impossible to reach unless you study a lot and forget about your social life completely. People interested in competitive sports probably wouldn't like it either because NIU teams are not that good.

I was in the top ten percent of my class, I double majored in biology and chemistry and double minored in health sciences and gerontology and through my non stop hard work I was accepted into medical school. The one thing I am positive of is that NIU is a "bang for your buck" kind of school. If you take advantage of the opportunities you are recieving from this cost effective education then you will benefit from it. If you take the low price tag for grantid then you will end up wasting your time.

A person who isn't socially interactive with others shouldn't attend this school. I myself am a very outgoing person who found going to this school was an okay decision. It is based in a very small farm based community... If someone is hopeful of being a part of the big city, or big buildings, this would be the wrong school to attend. It has a very good business program, and I am in the political science program. I feel that the alumni takes care of the business school more than any other...

If you went all through high school complaining about how hard school is and how you hate it college is not for you. I don't think someone should come to college just because someone else want you to. You have to come to college for you, even if you don't know what you want to do come because you feel like its place for you. You shouldn't come because your parents are forcing you to because you want learn anything in a place you don't weant to be. You should come if your not ready

If you are the type of person who doesn't like diversity or meeting new people with different ideas than yours then this is not the school for you. With over 25,000 students, NIU is one of the most diverse places I've ever been. Whether you're in the dorms or just sitting in class, you're bound to meet people who hold different values than you do and will challenge your comfort zone.

There is'nt a person that should not attend this school. The Northern Illinois University experience will benefit a person in so many ways. Even if you just take one or two classes you will be happy. This school is not just about education. This is a school where you can make new discoveries and long-term friendships in the area. You will also be proud to call yourself a husky.

Northern Illinois University is honorable school with devoted staff and many avenues for dreams to come true. Students who wish to prioritize partying over studies need not apply. The students who attend Northern Illinois University should be prepared to match the hard work and enthusiasm the professors and staff exhibit to make the experience of earning a degree rewarding.

Again, after attending the Northern Illinois University School of Business for about a month, I can’t think of any person that wouldn't do well at Northern Illinois University. In general, upper level students need to be highly motivated and have strong interpersonal skills to be successful but it’s my belief that this is a necessity at any university.