Northern Kentucky University

« See more reviews of Northern Kentucky University

The worst thing about my school to me, has nothing to do with anything the school could fix. In the winter the buildings just seem to tunnel the wind through. Not normally a problem except the skin near my eyes is sensitive, so it ends up turning red, drying out, and hurting often. This is what I consider the worst thing, and my university cannot change the weather.

This school seems so great that it is hard to dislike anything about it, but I would say the worst thing about NKU is the location, which isn't even that bad. Cincinnati is literally right there, but it does stink to have to drive across the river to go do something fun. Newport on the Levee is very close, but the only exciting thing in Newport is the aquarium.

It seems like things move slowly at NKU. For example, construction projects around campus were meant to be finished before I even began school, but were not completed until well into the winter. In other departments like the accounting, legal, advising etc, things seem to process slowly as well, and if you have a question, don't expect an efficient response.

The worst thing about my school is that the some buildings are older than others and need updated. Such as the college of health professions because if you have a major in that college you don't really leave that building therefore missing out on the nice and newer buildings that have a lot more study areas and even stores where you can buy coffee/snacks.

The worst thing about the school would be the placement of the campus. It is on top of a hill and all of the buildings are concrete so the wind passes through. The placement of the buildings makes walking through campus like walking through a wind tunnel. It gives the feeling that a majority of the school year is in the dead of winter.

The worst thing I also believe is one of the best. It is a large commuter school. This is great because many people are in similar situations and understand one another's view points and limited availability. The bad part is when it comes to numerous group projects and having to find time for everyone to meet in non-class time hours.

The worst thing about my school would probably just be how windy it is on campus. Northern Kentucky University is known as the "wind tunnel" and can be a degree or two colder than off campus. It is always so windy that every time I use my umbrella it turns inside out. That is the only bad thing about this school.

The worst thing about my school is that I recently applied for nursing and the program is suppossed to be completed in 4 years. I am 1 and 1/2 years into school and didn't get accepted and once you get accepted its another 3 years...I am becoming discouraged because I have finsihed my pre requiste courses.

This is my first term at Northern Kentucky University so I have not had too many experiences to lable "the worst thing" about the University. If I had to choose one however, I would have to say that it would be the speed at which the financial aid office prepares your financial aid package is rather slow.

The worst thing about my school is how underratted it is. When people hear about NKU they automatically assume its for kids from low income families, not a party school and its too close to home. NKU has so much to offer all sorts of people and for a resonable price- which is great for a college student.